By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rare working on multiple Xbox 720 games

Rare, the once brilliant Nintendo developer and current producer of so-so Kinect games, is working on "new IPs for future platforms", a job advert has revealed.

The job listing, which was spotted bySuperannuation, calls for a senior product manager to work on "multiple AAA future console releases".

"You will be joining a highly regarded publisher-backed studio that is responsible for a number of IPs currently on the market that have already hit number 1," reads the ad.

Fans of Rare's Kinect titles will be happy to hear the studio won't be abandoning properties such as Kinect Sports; instead it'll be widening its focus to include additional new IPs.

"Whilst continual development of their core releases will be maintained, the successful candidate will be joining at a time where the studio is looking to move into new areas and develop new IPs for future platforms."

Excitingly, it's suggested that the GoldenEye 64 and Perfect Dark dev might be returning to the first-person shooter genre. Be still, my beating heart.

"You will have a successful history of releasing exceptional AAA games and these will ideally be in the Action/Adventure or FPS genre but this is not essential."

Last month Rare appointed Sega West game design boss Simon Woodroffe as its new creative director.

"Games are my passion and they are Rare's passion so this is my dream role," he said. "I love working with talented and creative people and there are plenty of them here at Rare. I am looking forward to getting stuck into making incredible games that will be worthy additions to the pedigree of the studio."

Around the Network

Great news. I firmly believe Micrrosoft is aiming for a broad high quality lineup next gen with new IP's.

Really exciting times as am Xbox fan.

e3 2013 is gonna be Microsofts best ever.

Nintendo also working on multiple WiiU games.

Rumour has it that Sony already also working on multiple PS4 games.

Galaki said:
Nintendo also working on multiple WiiU games.

Rumour has it that Sony already also working on multiple PS4 games.

i think you miss why this is amazing news.

Rare are taking seriously action/adventure and FPS games again. Core games being made by Rare, who have been hiring great talent lately. Oh man and new IP's.

Microsoft are allowing them to rebuild their name it looks like.

Cmon Rare you can do this. New platform/adventure IP's and perhaps a  really nice follow up to Jet Force Gemini or Banjo 3 wouldd be ace. O and KI please.

Question is, can Rare still make great core titles? So many of those that made Golden Eye and Perfect Dark have left... But it does seem promising!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

The talent MS hired in the past months really is insane.

343 is basically the who is who of the industry.
MS Vancouver hired the lead director of Crysis 2 and they are working on a new core ip.
Rare hired Simon Woodroffe already and are still looking for further employees.
Lionhead, MS Soho, MS Victoria are hiring as well.

Can't wait to see what they are coming up with.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Hopefully, they are also considering making a platformer to re-define the genre. Really lacking that type of games since Banjo, DK, Conker.

selnor said:
Great news. I firmly believe Micrrosoft is aiming for a broad high quality lineup next gen with new IP's.

lol Microsoft already nailed a hat trick for most disappointing E3's done consecutively. They better not screw this up because the core gamers watch E3 and we know better. The casuals only respond to their marketing so they take things as they come without expectation. This is why Microsoft hasnt cared to impress us at E3.

Next xbox should be an interesting reveal. Both in it's specs and software line-up.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
selnor said:

lol Microsoft already nailed a hat trick for most disappointing E3's done consecutively. They better not screw this up because the core gamers watch E3 and we know better. The casuals only respond to their marketing so they take things as they come without expectation. This is why Microsoft hasnt cared to impress us at E3.

Thats respective anyway you look at it.

The fact Halo 4 was shown this year won it for me. I could only play Halo 4 this year and it would be the best year in gaming. ( As long as its not somehow trash )

But next year could be amazing with a new console, some launch games shown and possible new IP's from variious new Microsoft studios formed over the lasst 2 yeears. Now Rare working new IP's in the FPS aand action/adventure genres.

Really good time for Xbox gamers going into next generation.