By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U: Miiverse will be 'a killer app', says Fils-Aime

TomaTito said:

This is bad news for forums like this one, if all future discussions and direct news info can be done directly in the device itself, why use a third-party forum?

Sony fans will once again run rampant on VGC due to the mass exodus of Nintendo fans to Miiverse.  First Swapnote and now Miiverse... Nintendo section on VGC is doomed!

Around the Network

Isn't this similar to Tomodachi that never left Japan?

Am I the only one who doesn't really like Miis? I don't know I just think the look weird and ugly. I've always prefered Xbox Avatars although they came out afterwards. Still excited for the Wii U just not a fan of miis is all

Cool. I love Miis.

I'm more interested in Miiverse than the Gamepad.

Around the Network
TomaTito said:

This is bad news for forums like this one, if all future discussions and direct news info can be done directly in the device itself, why use a third-party forum?

That is good news for us then. We won't have to deal with heavy administration biases anymore.

JayWood2010 said:
Am I the only one who doesn't really like Miis? I don't know I just think the look weird and ugly. I've always prefered Xbox Avatars although they came out afterwards. Still excited for the Wii U just not a fan of miis is all

I'm the other way.  I like Miis but I don't like Microsoft's Avatars.  You can do more with Miis (somehow I don't know how they do it) considering I have tons of Miis downloaded from the Check Mii Out Channel (from Miis that look like Bill Clinton, Obama, Chuck Norris, Storm Trooper, Mario, Michael Jackson, Homer SImpson, Peter Griffin, etc).  Hell there are even Miis that have a Skateboard for a face, person inside a TV for their face, and many more crazy designs.  Show me Avatars that look like famous people and cartoon characters.  There probably aren't that many.

Not sure if core Nintendo fans will take to it. I still am in that crowd that believes that Nintendo and online are light years behind everyone else.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
Not sure if core Nintendo fans will take to it. I still am in that crowd that believes that Nintendo and online are light years behind everyone else.

I suppose you don't care about the online improvements that they made with the 3DS.

sethnintendo said:
JayWood2010 said:

I'm the other way.  I like Miis but I don't like Microsoft's Avatars.  You can do more with Miis (somehow I don't know how they do it) considering I have tons of Miis downloaded from the Check Mii Out Channel (from Miis that look like Bill Clinton, Obama, Chuck Norris, Storm Trooper, Mario, Michael Jackson, Homer SImpson, Peter Griffin, etc).  Hell there are even Miis that have a Skateboard for a face, person inside a TV for their face, and many more crazy designs.  Show me Avatars that look like famous people and cartoon characters.  There probably aren't that many.

I'm sure people can do that with avatars as well.  Creative people can do pretty much anything with the right tools.  I'm not saying one or the other is better, I'm just saying I prefer avatars over Miis.