By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U: Miiverse will be 'a killer app', says Fils-Aime

sethnintendo said:
sales2099 said:
Not sure if core Nintendo fans will take to it. I still am in that crowd that believes that Nintendo and online are light years behind everyone else.

I suppose you don't care about the online improvements that they made with the 3DS.

Actually please enlighten me (seriously). I am known as a 360 fan but I have purchased every Nintendo handheld since Gameboy. Havent got a 3DS yet, but I remember what a pain in the ass it was when playing Mario Kart DS or Metroid Prime Hunters online.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
Not sure if core Nintendo fans will take to it. I still am in that crowd that believes that Nintendo and online are light years behind everyone else.

It'll be interesting to see what they can do online.  I dont expect it to be as good as XBL or Steam but I want it to at least be as good as PSN.  Plus new features could help it with that and make it stand out. PSN is pretty basic, message, invited people to game, play online, download content.  If it's as good as that I'll be happy

lilbroex said:
TomaTito said:

This is bad news for forums like this one, if all future discussions and direct news info can be done directly in the device itself, why use a third-party forum?

That is good news for us then. We won't have to deal with heavy administration biases anymore.

this

sales2099 said:
sethnintendo said:
sales2099 said:

I suppose you don't care about the online improvements that they made with the 3DS.

Actually please enlighten me (seriously). I am known as a 360 fan but I have purchased every Nintendo handheld since Gameboy. Havent got a 3DS yet, but I remember what a pain in the ass it was when playing Mario Kart DS or Metroid Prime Hunters online.

Friends codes are now basically the same as Live and PSN.  You add your friend's system code once and then you can play any online game with them without having to enter in codes for each game like the Wii.  The eshop is decently improved with demos, user ratings, ability to purchase full 3DS games (only a few are available right now like NSMB2, Art Academy and Crossword Puzzle Plus).  Added the ability to join your friends game when you see them playing online from the 3DS Friends list.  Basically, they have caught up to Microsoft and Sony in my opinion.

sales2099 said:
sethnintendo said:
sales2099 said:

I didn't play DS online but the 3DS isn't horrible.  Mario Kart 7 and Kid Icarus was both easy to jump online with.  You can invite friends and then do match making.  You only have to enter friend-codes ones although I'd prefer usernames.  Over-all its not bad, just not as good as XBL or Steam and could definitely use some improvement. But it's just a handheld so I expect the Wii U to be better

Around the Network
sales2099 said:

In some ways that could probably be argued but in other ways what Nintendo is doing seems far more advanced that what either Sony or Microsoft has done ...

Microsoft and Sony have created excellent services to find strangers to play competitive multiplayer games against but they've never thought of doing much beyond that.

HappySqurriel said:
sales2099 said:

In some ways that could probably be argued but in other ways what Nintendo is doing seems far more advanced that what either Sony or Microsoft has done ...

Microsoft and Sony have created excellent services to find strangers to play competitive multiplayer games against but they've never thought of doing much beyond that.

Never heard that one before. Id say different, not advanced.Both words arent synonomous.

Your second line means you dont own a 360 or PS3 or you have seriously underutilized their features.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

HappySqurriel said:
sales2099 said:

Umm no.  Nintendo currently is way behind services like XBL and Steam.  They are just now umping into the online world so let's see what happens before getting ahead of ourselves.  Nintendo has different features but that's about it for now.

I almost forgot that Fils-Aime was his last name...

OT: I think it could be pretty great, I just hope it doesn't turn out crap.

I'm almost certain I'll start a thread to add or give me the chance to add you in my Miiverse when I get a WiiU - so I'm pretty sure this'LL work great for Ninty!! And I'll just want those that actuaclly will WANT to have and know me on Miiverse

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.