By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So, is Resident Evil a Playstation Franchise or an Xbox Franchise, now?

Tagged games:

Resident Evil is most beloved on:

Xbox consoles 26 13.83%

Playstation consoles 110 58.51%

Nintendo got Resident Evil 0 and nobody else 52 27.66%

Total:188

I could look at the sales for RE5 but I'm what you call lazy.  A while back, I asked if Batman: Arkham City would sell more on the PS3 or the 360 and, to be honest, I never even bothered to check the final results.  Can somebody be a dear and find out for me?

On topic (don't think I won't go off topic in the OP of my own topic.  I'll do it!), Resident Evil got it's start back in 1996 on the Sony Playstation and Sega Saturn.  It's always been multi-plat, showing its face on Dreamcast, Gamecube, N64, Gameboy, and pretty much any viable platform that wasn't portable and made by Sony.  Despite Resident Evil's whore status, people have historically considered it a Playstation franchise.  So, the question is this:

Which platform do you think will sell the most copies of Resident Evil 6?  Playstation or Xbox?  Winner will be named the Grand Puba of Resident Evil or some shit.  Plead your case!

*oh, and d21lewis don't give a fuck if you think RE6 sucks or not.  that's not what d21lewis was asking.*

Around the Network

I think the PS3 will outsell the 360 version, d21Lewis.

Japan.

Go check that COMG thread.

It will sell better on PS3.

The best selling Resident Evil games are on Playstation. Resident Evil 6 will sell more on PS3.

Resident Evil 5

PS3 - 4.74m

X360 - 3.22m

----

Batman Arkham City 

PS3 - 3.62m

X360 - 3.19m

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

According to the US pre-orders thread, the PS3 version had significantly more pre-orders, and that's in America. So yeah, I think the PS3 version will sell the most, the 360 version will have similar sales to RE5 and the PS3 version will do 1m more than it did for RE5.

Around the Network

I'd say it's more a PlayStation franchise because most old fans played the old ones on a PlayStation console and the series got most of it's popularity from PlayStation... just like games like Tekken or Final Fantasy (even though FF started on Nintendo it still feels like a PS franchise and got really popular on PS).

RE6 will probably sell a lot on Xbox 360 during its first months but will have more legs on PS3.

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

Reverse console war incoming.

"You can have it!"

"No, you take it!"

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Nintendo franchise?

3DS franchise.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

It's a multiplat franchise that sells more on Sony consoles. There's your 100% accurate and objective answer!

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.