By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - October is coming, what will you buy?

AndrewWK said:
ryuzaki57 said:

October will be busy

this is a funny list.

1. weird shit (no offence)

2. weird shit

3. Pokémon

4. Medal of Honor

but you are the first guy who mentioned Medal of Honor

Those are Japanese RPGs I'm going to import. Not surprising if you haven't heard about them, but they're big in Japan. But those are the ones I am especially looking forward to btw, far more than Pokemon or MoH. For MoH yeah, it seems nobody wants it. It looks cool though, and CoD is getting really old. 

Around the Network
Crono141 said:
AndrewWK said:
Is XCOM as sequel or a new IP?

Its a remake that sticks very close to the atmosphere and playstyle of the original.  And the original is an epic game that still hasn't gotten old (started a new game 2 weeks ago).

And yet.... it seems unfair to call it a remake, with how lazy those are lately.

Since the gameplay is changed some to take into account cover and the like.

Nothing in October, but Animal Crossing at the beginning of November!

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Kasz216 said:
Crono141 said:
AndrewWK said:

Its a remake that sticks very close to the atmosphere and playstyle of the original.  And the original is an epic game that still hasn't gotten old (started a new game 2 weeks ago).

And yet.... it seems unfair to call it a remake, with how lazy those are lately.

Cover isn't really that big a change.  The original game had cover, it just didn't call it cover.  There were half height walls (like fences) that you could shoot over.  They added that you could shoot from behind a wall without consuming a move though, which is new and nice.  I'm really looking forward to the whole game and getting to drive without the tutorial holding my hand.  That was annoying.

Check out my Youtube Let's Play channel here.

Crono141 said:
Kasz216 said:
Crono141 said:
AndrewWK said:

Cover isn't really that big a change.  The original game had cover, it just didn't call it cover.  There were half height walls (like fences) that you could shoot over.  They added that you could shoot from behind a wall without consuming a move though, which is new and nice.  I'm really looking forward to the whole game and getting to drive without the tutorial holding my hand.  That was annoying.

Maybe that's why i sucked at X-COM.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Crono141 said:
Kasz216 said:
Crono141 said:
AndrewWK said:

Maybe that's why i sucked at X-COM.

Yeah, there is a lot of stuff that changes the mechanics of the original game that isn't immediately obvious given its mid 90s origins.  The half height fences, like I mentioned, could be shot over while standing, but not shot over while crouching.  Crouching also improves your chance to hit by 5-10% or so, which is something I didn't know about until recently.  There are buttons on the tactical control screen that reserves time units for snap, auto, and aimed shots, which I didn't know the function of until recently also.

Odds are, you sucked at X-com because the game is freaking hard.  I started playing it off and on since it came out, and only actually beat it for the first time last year.  And then I only beat it by the skin of my teeth.  I haven't come close to beating it again since.  And this was on beginner difficulty, the easiest of five difficulties.

I expect the reboot XCOM to be a cakewalk in comparison (because modern gamers are lazy and hate losing).  But if its not, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Check out my Youtube Let's Play channel here.

ac3 at the end of the month and that's it.

I can´t understan why people are so hyped about Assassins Creed. I mean it is obviously the same shit as Revelations, just with another Hero, and season DLC Pass. But people are still buying it. I gues gamers never learn.

Definitely RE6 and Doom 3. Rent first and maybe buy Dishonored. AC III maybe later in the year

Shit, I said I won't buy anything in october since my backlog is huge, but, man, this is pure evil:

Should I bite?

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.