By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - October is coming, what will you buy?

Resident Evil 6 and LittleBigPlanet for Vita is certain. On the fence about the God of War Saga.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
okr said:
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Chaos on Deponia
Lucius

Good to see another Lucius fan!

I wouldn't call myself a fan but I've been waiting for this game to come out ever since I first discovered it about a year ago.

It was on my top 5 most wanted for some time. It's not in the top 5 anymore but I decided to buy it nevertheless for 3 reasons:
- I love adventure games
- I like god games (or devil in this case), regardless of genre, e.g. Dungeon Keeper, an RTS game, is my all-time favorite bad-guy-god-game
- I like the 2 movies and their plots and settings which obviously inspired the game: The Omen (95% ?) and The Shining (5% ?)

What leaves me a bit uncertain:
- Even though I like classic horror movies (not the modern ones), unlike you I don't like horror or survival horror games (that's why I'll never play acclaimed games like Amnesia or a Resident Evil game)
- I hope it's really an adventure game, i.e. true puzzle solving involved, but if it turns out to be a simple "go to room 1, run into problem, find obvious and only solution within 10 seconds (or within 10 minutes with the help of our hint system if you're one of the guys that usually only play FPS and came here just for the acceptable graphics and gore), press button A then B at the right time to unleash Lucius' jedi powers, watch kill cutscene, watch inspector-trying-to-solve-murder-mystery-cutscene, go to room 2, repeat" game disguised as puzzle solving game I'll be disappointed
- It seems a bit too heavily inspired by The Omen (but in case they copied it near 100% I at least hope the composer also copied Jerry Goldsmith)

In short: If Lucius was a movie I'd not be interested in the slightest - I've seen Omen 1+2 often enough - as an adventure game concept though it looks very interesting and refreshing.

both AC games, still need to get TTT2 and a few more from my backlog

Probably nothing. Borderlands 2 should be more than enough to carry me to the Wii U launch mid November.

Not Resident Evil that's for sure!

The Dark Souls dlc is coming out so there's that.

Around the Network

Is XCOM as sequel or a new IP?

AndrewWK said:
Is XCOM as sequel or a new IP?

Its a remake that sticks very close to the atmosphere and playstyle of the original.  And the original is an epic game that still hasn't gotten old (started a new game 2 weeks ago).

Check out my Youtube Let's Play channel here.

Assassin's Creed 3
Okami HD
Journey
Shadow of the colossus HD

Maybe others, if I find good deals.

October will be busy

Definite purchases of Okami HD and Resident Evil 6 (PS3) with high hopes of seeing an October release date for FFXIV, and also keeping close watch on Dishonored.