By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If Red Steel 3 made it to WiiU, would you prefer the motion plus over controls utilizing the gamepad.

So Red Steel 2 has been one of my favourite Wii games and also boasts some of the best motion controls (beaten only by skyward sword) to date. If Red steel 3 was developed for WiiU i wouldnt want there to be a major overhaul of the controls just for the sake of utilizing the gamepad. I know existing Wiimotes and motion plus etc will work on WiiU but will these peripherals be largely underused due to the main selling point of the WiiU being the gamepad.

Around the Network

I think the gamepad should only be used as an accessory, and if it were needed at all.
Other than that motion controls all the way. It's not because a device is made possible to use on a console that it MUST be used. Each HW for its application.

Yes

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Red Steel franchise is dead, unfortunately.

But I would consider another spiritual sequel, more live in the veins of Red Steel 1. I like better the setting of RS1 than RS2.

Supporting both gamepad and wiimotion plus. With different class for each type of control

Wiimotion plus: samurai pistol cross sword
gamepad: max payne 3 like with bullet time and touching enemies on the gamepad's mapscreen for quick shooting and wall climbing.

The game would be called:

Guns, swords, boobs ans special effects.

Dual wielding Wii remotes = sold.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

Definitely Wii MotionPlus. And I agree with Francis about a spiritual sequel over a direct sequel. I think the franchise works better as a series of unrelated games.

Viper1 said:

No thanks. I'd rather keep one thumbstick for movement.

Definitely would love to see another entry in the series. Red Steel 2 didn't get the recognition it deserved.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

famousringo said:
Viper1 said:

Definitely would love to see another entry in the series. Red Steel 2 didn't get the recognition it deserved.

Balance board at my feet for movement.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
famousringo said:
Viper1 said:

Balance board at my feet for movement.

Too expensive.

But if Nintendo released a new nunchuk with IR, now that's something that I would try.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

I want both. They improved the crappy controls of RS1 and made RS2 actually quite playable and I hope they will improve the controls even more with a third game..

But I would also like them to use the gamepad.

I really hope most games will support both Wiimotes and Gamepads.