By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So....Are we ready to admit there will be no PS4 in 2013....or shall we "Hope & Dream" further?

pezus said:
So you don't think 720 will be released next year either?

Not unless we get some sort of news by the end of January.

Around the Network
Untamoi said:
Traditions can be changed and are changed constantly. For example, Apple currently announces iPhone less than 2 weeks before it goes on sale (actually, it was only 9 days). Same goes with everything Apple releases, even if iPad could be announced now and it would be on sale in less than 2 weeks. That was a tradition change which Apple made, they only announce just before the launch. I bet MS and Sony are going to take notice from Apple and only announce consoles few months from release.

Please don't try and compare Cell phones to home consoles.

They are completely different markets.

Cell Phones are very disposable.

Home consoles last several years.

Again, completely different.

Both the 720 and PS4 will debut at E3 and BOTH will launch head to head in 2013.

I think its to both Sony's and Microsoft's advantage to delay till 2014. It seems Sony is suffering from the tsunami and Microsoft is having production issues. They tech will get cheaper and better.

I think it all depends on how they think the WiiU will impact their sales. If they still sell ok, they why rush.

I'm sure rumors will make it all more confusing soon.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

I've kind of leaned more towards 2014 myself since over a year ago. And while I don't think it's impossible that it could launch next year, the fact that the Gamestop CEO stated that they only expect one next-gen console to release in 2013 certainly adds some weight.

In any case, we'll know for sure by E3.

Around the Network

720 for Q4 2013. PS4 Q1 2014. Although Sony did say they wouldn't be last to market again. Then again Sony isn't bound to that statement.

SOny must have done most of their expenditure on PS4 R&D so the sooner they get it to market the better.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Untamoi said:
Traditions can be changed and are changed constantly. For example, Apple currently announces iPhone less than 2 weeks before it goes on sale (actually, it was only 9 days). Same goes with everything Apple releases, even if iPad could be announced now and it would be on sale in less than 2 weeks. That was a tradition change which Apple made, they only announce just before the launch. I bet MS and Sony are going to take notice from Apple and only announce consoles few months from release.

Phones (and to a certain degree tablets) are not consoles. New phones come out far more frequently than consoles and the competition is far, far greater.

Therefore the time between a phone's announcement and the release are cut to a minimum.

On the other hand it is different for a console that is released roughly every five years, and to annonce it a few months before launch is unlikely.

More importantly the developers need a lot of time understand and to get to grips with the new tech to make sure the launch games are half decent enough to show of the console's capabililities.

This is why I think this "tradition" is unlikely to change... at least for the next couple gens.

Darc Requiem said:
If Sony waits until 2014, PS4 will dead on arrival. Giving Nintendo 2 years and MS 1 year is a recipe for disaster.

So the Xbox has been confirmed for 2013?

pezus said:
AndrewWK said:
Darc Requiem said:
If Sony waits until 2014, PS4 will dead on arrival. Giving Nintendo 2 years and MS 1 year is a recipe for disaster.

So the Xbox has been confirmed for 2013?

No, people just like to think MS can announce a console the same year as it launches while Sony can not...

Both of them can

None of them will

Pathetic reason. Terrible thread.