By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So....Are we ready to admit there will be no PS4 in 2013....or shall we "Hope & Dream" further?

i'll be glad if the PS4 doesnt release in 2013. 2014 seems about right. with the blockbuster games releasing in 2013 why the hell would anyone want a next gen console to release aswell? i still want to play ground zeroes, gta 5 and last of us before im ready to move on.

Around the Network
pezus said:
AndrewWK said:
pezus said:
AndrewWK said:
Darc Requiem said:
If Sony waits until 2014, PS4 will dead on arrival. Giving Nintendo 2 years and MS 1 year is a recipe for disaster.

So the Xbox has been confirmed for 2013?

No, people just like to think MS can announce a console the same year as it launches while Sony can not...

Both of them can

None of them will

Highly improbable that neither will release in 2013. They're not going to give Nintendo the spotlight for 2 years, that's for sure.

I don´t think Nintendo has any headstart on them. Of course now Xbox and PS3 will have to share games for 2 years, and this will probably cut into some of the third party sales. But Microsoft and Sony have a bigger installment bas then Nintendo, so 3rd party games will continue to sell on those platforms. And you can´t forget Sony has a very strong lineup for next year, and for what I know Microsoft will release the Gears of War game as well. So I think both consoles can easily compete for one or two more years. But we will see.

techhunter80 said:

If they don't show it next e3 then yeah it's not coming out til 2014 but just wait and we'll have our answer.

No company first acknowledges their new home console at E3 and then launches said console 6 months later.....none.

This does not happen.  It's practically impossible.

This line of thinking that PS4 is going to be announced from out of nowhere, creating jaw droping shock & awe......This is the "Hopes & Dreams" that I'm talking about.

They will not anounce a PS4 during TGS and release it one year later. They will anounce it during e3 2013 and will sell it in holiday 2013. An to early anouncement would only hurt them and the competition know too eraly what Sony have under its sleeves.

teigaga said:
pitzy272 said:
If Sony doesn't release 2013 and M$ does, I'm not even gonna know what to say. Will be yet another move by Sony that makes me think as much as I love them, it's like they're freaking retarded sometimes with the decisions they make. If they let M$ beat them to the market - AGAIN - then they really are retarded.

On a more positive note...I thought I heard something a while back stating M$ put the dev kits in developers hands early 2012 and were followed within a month or 2 by Sony. I hope this is true. Tretton said that E3 quote about "never first but best", and that worried me at the time. I just kept reassuring myself that there's no way Sony could be dumb enough to release after M$ again.

I don't think the 360's year head start was that big of a deal. It was the fact that the ps3 launched at almost double its price, with no strong exclusives for 16months and overly complex architecure which meant 3rd party games sucked on it.

The 360 is still ahead because of Kinect..

Around the Network
Persistantthug said:
techhunter80 said:

If they don't show it next e3 then yeah it's not coming out til 2014 but just wait and we'll have our answer.

No company first acknowledges their new home console at E3 and then launches said console 6 months later.....none.

This line of thinking that PS4 is going to be announced from out of nowhere, creating jaw droping shock & awe......This is the "Hopes & Dreams" that I'm talking about.

...well what if they announce the PS4 in April to then release 7 months later in November?

Persistantthug said:

MS did it with the 360.

EDIT: To clarify... Ms unvieled it in May on MTV and then threw all the info out in at E3 (also May), then launched in November.... all in 2005.

Persistantthug said:

And with that, Japan doesn't really like Home Consoles anymore....not like they used to anyways.  America is where the home consoles are sold now.....that where priority is now.

More PS3's were sold in Europe, and every week more are sold in Europe. Same with the Vita, though the gap is much smaller. I know Vita isn't a HC, but along with PS3 sales it shows that, right now, PS is more relevant in EU than it is in NA, and PS's biggest franchise is most prevalent in Europe.

NA would be an uphill struggle, securing dominance in europe would prove more effective and profitable than trying to compete in NA. That's not to say Sony shouldn't try in NA, of course it's still a massive market for them of course they should try, but they should focus their efforts on Europe.

Persistantthug said:
techhunter80 said:

The Xbox 360 was announced 6 months before its launch.

I'm personally still happy with my PS3, plenty of good games for it. Sony should perfect the PS4 and release it when it's ready and has support. There's really no rush

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018