By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So....Are we ready to admit there will be no PS4 in 2013....or shall we "Hope & Dream" further?

Persistantthug said:
sales2099 said:
I warmly accept Sonys decision to let MS have yet another head start :)

Again,

I don't want to make this about Microsoft or XBOX 3,

But XBOX 3 isn't lookin so hot for 2013 either.  Each day that goes by I see it slipping further and further.

My Prophet-Sage visions haven't been extended to Microsoft or XBOX 3 (yet), and I don't want to take this there, but there are no guarantees for that.

Just sayin.

That Bungie 2013 360/next xbox game gives me hope :)

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

Well superchunk told you so =p.

Lostplanet22 said:
Well superchunk told you so =p.

...rather I will eventually.

pezus said:

No, people just like to think MS can announce a console the same year as it launches while Sony can not...

Both of them can

I think people believe that Microsoft can and Sony can't, is because they have some info on the Next Xbox, dev kits pictures, comments from some developers, rumors about problem mass producing the dev kits, rumours about the inclution of the Kinect 2.0 with the console, silence about new projects for Xbox 360 by their first party developers, etc. so it seems the console at least exists in some form. But from Sony almost nothing, a rumour of a project code and that is it, besides first party developers are actually busy doing something for the PS3 and Vita.

Yes, both can announce and release in 2013, but with the current information it seems MS is closer to do it than Sony. Let CES 2013 and GDC 2013 come and we may have a better understanding of their plans or at least more rumours and leaks to speculate.

Who cares it will come when it comes, no point in worrying or arguing about it.

Around the Network
Birimbau said:

There is no need for PS4 in 2013, PS360 can deal with WiiU next year and, at least, the first semester of 2014.

I agree. PS3 and 360 can fight off the Wii U while Sony and MS prepare much better consoles.

people are all forgetting that one EA boss, did mention that EA has already dev kits from MS and SONY...
the OP argument that, there is no sign of PS4 is void...

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

sergiodaly said:
people are all forgetting that one EA boss, did mention that EA has already dev kits from MS and SONY...

True, surely PS4 should be in a quite advanced development state even if the release date were in 2014, while SW devs already having received dev kits could mean a release anywhere between 2013 and 2014, as we don't know precisely when they received them.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

I don't need a PS4 right now, haven't even been able to finish all the PS3 games I want to play. So I'm cool

For the moment :P

Alby_da_Wolf said:
sergiodaly said:

True, surely PS4 should be in a quite advanced development state even if the release date were in 2014, while SW devs already having received dev kits could mean a release anywhere between 2013 and 2014, as we don't know precisely when they received them.

don't know and don't care for the release date... but the OP had a base of argument that is not true... just pointing that out...
Also some Sony PR and chairman had also mention PS4 as a reality.

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4