By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So....Are we ready to admit there will be no PS4 in 2013....or shall we "Hope & Dream" further?

Persistantthug said:

did you notice the Wii U is launching first in America (NOV) and Japan in December?

This is because America is the #1 buyer of Home game consoles and must be catered to with priority.

Those year staggerings that we used to have like with the Dreamcast and PS2.....those days are pretty long gone now.

So yes....you're right.....it is business......it just may not be the business you were hoping for, possibly.

You are mistaken, the reason the Wii U is comming out before in USA is because the shopping season starts earlier, during thanksgiving and no console producer can afford to miss it. The shopping seasons start a little later in the other major markets.

But, I do agree that the PS4 may come out in 2014.

Around the Network

I don't see why Sony needs to come out with a console next year; so ninty dropped a new console on the market Niether Sony or MS need to compete just yet. I see the nextbox coming out late 2013 and the PS4 about mid 2014

I think this could be a unique gen in that all three competing consoles will be released during different years.

Wii U = late 2012
NeXt Box = late 2013
PS4 = late 2014.

I was already correct on my Wii U prediction when I called it back in like 08 :P

While 360 is still putting up decent numbers, Japan is dragging it down and it is still lagging considerably behind PS3. It is also a year old than both the Wii and PS3. So I think 2013 is a safe bet for MS's next console. Sony seems to be hurting a bit financially lately, and especially after the lackluster release of the Vita, I think Sony will be a bit more hesitant to throw out yet another piece of hardware that will probably take even greater losses on, at least initially.

badgenome said:
Birimbau said:
There is no need for PS4 in 2013, PS360 can deal with WiiU next year and, at least, the first semester of 2014.

This. GTA5 will kill the Wii U.

Only Leo J knows when a GTA will kill a Nintendo console not you!

Former something....

I think e3 2013 " The ps4 will be released in 2014 early"

I'm thinking Summer(after e3 2014) because they may want to release the system with a good launch that sony fans would like.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

Around the Network

ps4 e3 2014

Blacksaber said:

Alas. If only I could master the art of divining the future by reading the varicose veins in Lady Gaga's ass.

badgenome said:
Blacksaber said:

Alas. If only I could master the art of divining the future by reading the varicose veins in Lady Gaga's ass.

Is that how Joel does it?!

If MS new console releases next year then I pretty sure Sony have to launch the PS4 as soon as possible, if they don't Nintendo will have a 2 year lead and MS a 1 year lead. If both system are successful it doesn't matter if the PS3 it's still being supported, people will want the newer tech and a next gen system, and this will obviously decrease the PS3 sales.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Traditions can be changed and are changed constantly. For example, Apple currently announces iPhone less than 2 weeks before it goes on sale (actually, it was only 9 days). Same goes with everything Apple releases, even if iPad could be announced now and it would be on sale in less than 2 weeks. That was a tradition change which Apple made, they only announce just before the launch. I bet MS and Sony are going to take notice from Apple and only announce consoles few months from release.