By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What is your state's/country's embarrassing stereotype?

Sal.Paradise said:

English people are too well mannered, and Italian women are too good looking. 

It's embarrassing, for other inferior countries. 

I confirm this. Better dressed chicks in all europe. Also, clever make up, not like the typical british chick with tons and tons of powder in their faces.

Around the Network

Oh, I've got another one, British weather is bad.

It's not, it's absolutely perfect in my opinion. 50/50 chance of snow each year and 2-3 months of 20C+ temperatures. No hurricanes, no blizzards, no droughts, absolutely perfect.

JoeTheBro said:
I ski to work and ride a horse back home; I'm from Colorado.

Us Coloradans also don't like Texans, are being invaded from both California and Mexico, eat every night at Casa Bonita, and love making fun of Kansas. I have no idea what the global community thinks of us though.

Yeah, I agree Coloradans do not like Texans too much, but they come here ski and help the economy and half my Family lives there. Mostly, I think they are arrogant even though I know and like many of them.   Hopefully, they think we are fit (the slimmest state by far and even better if we exclude theTexans that move here ) .

I actually snowboard while disliking horses and real cowboys.

TheFallen said:
All we do is get drunk and eat potatoes.

Nothing, but Idaho fits this to a dot. You must be drunk.

TruckOSaurus said:
outlawauron said:
menx64 said:
- we all live in the beach
- we are lazy
- everything is green
-happiest country of the world
-sexual paradise (well, it is)

I associate very little of this with Costa Rica.

The only stereotype I have about Costa Rica is that that's where Jurassic Park is located.

lol yeah that it's probably the most famous one, can't believe menx64 and I missed that D:

Nintendo and PC gamer

radishhead said:

Every region has them - share them with us here :)

Everyone knows Englishmen have bad teeth and know the Queen. What about you guys?

Gun touting cowboy who are 47% money grabbing leeches that want to be like Europe.  Sorry if this is confusing, but it blends the stereotype of America with that of a Blue state.

Around the Network
pezus said:
brendude13 said:

It's not, it's absolutely perfect in my opinion. 50/50 chance of snow each year and 2-3 months of 20C+ temperatures. No hurricanes, no blizzards, no droughts, absolutely perfect.

But it rains quite often, doesn't it?

It's raining now.

It doesn't rain as much as people say or think it does. From June to August I only remember us having 5 or so rainy days.

brendude13 said:
pezus said:
brendude13 said:

It's raining now.

Honestly though, it doesn't rain as much as people say or think it does. From June to August I only remember us having 5 or so rainy days.

Translation:

- Is there often fog in Britain?
- Oh no! Only when it doesn't rain.

Signature goes here!

brendude13 said:
pezus said:
brendude13 said:

It's raining now.

It doesn't rain as much as people say or think it does. From June to August I only remember us having 5 or so rainy days.

which part of the UK do you live in? I live in Southampton and it rained a hella lot more than five days between June and August!!!

Majora said:
brendude13 said:

It's raining now.

which part of the UK do you live in? I live in Southampton and it rained a hella lot more than five days between June and August!!!

The South East, near Dover. We are pretty dry here. By rainy days I meant days where it rains for a significant amount of time, I wouldn't be able to remember the odd 5 minute shower. I spent 10 days near Brighton in August and there wasn't a single drop though, your weather mustn't have been that different.

brendude13 said:
Majora said:
brendude13 said:

It's raining now.

The South East, near Dover. We are pretty dry here. By rainy days I meant days where it rains for a significant amount of time, I wouldn't be able to remember the odd 5 minute shower. I spent 10 days near Brighton in August and there wasn't a single drop though, your weather mustn't have been that different.

Not this year though, it has been very wet. August was dry, but the other months were very wet. I live in London, and it's supossed to be one of the driest parts of the country, let it still rained alot lol

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018