By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How much more powerful do you think the Wii U is compared to PS3/Xbox360.

Jumpin said:

50% more powerful than Xbox 360 / 60% more powerful than PS3.

The PS3 is more powerful than the 360.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:

50% more powerful than Xbox 360 / 60% more powerful than PS3.

ready your shield as the PS3 fans will hit hard now!

seriously this is the funniest comment yet!

thumbs up mate!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Stating facts = PS3 fanboys hitting hard. Okay.

Can't give an answer at the moment. They haven't yet tap the ps3 full potential, it might take a while to fully utilize the Wii U as well.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Mr Puggsly said:
curl-6 said:
DieAppleDie said:
Kameo showed a generation leap over Star wars Rebel strike?
i dont think so

Yeah, Kameo (and most early 360 games) didn't show a generational leap over Conker Live and Reloaded on the Xbox either.

Not that I expect the Wii U to represent an Xbox-to-360 leap, but it WILL show noticeably better-than-36/PS3 graphics down the line; judging its capability based on launch titles is silly, almost no system is ever done justice by games made in it's first year.

Well launch games like Condemned, CoD2, and Quake 4 showed the 360 is significantly more powerful than previous consoles.

Quake 4 wasn't a big leap over the original Xbox's best.

Anyway, my point was, all those games absolutely pale in comparison to what top-shelf 360 games look like now.

Around the Network

-40%

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

curl-6 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
curl-6 said:
DieAppleDie said:
Kameo showed a generation leap over Star wars Rebel strike?
i dont think so

Yeah, Kameo (and most early 360 games) didn't show a generational leap over Conker Live and Reloaded on the Xbox either.

Not that I expect the Wii U to represent an Xbox-to-360 leap, but it WILL show noticeably better-than-36/PS3 graphics down the line; judging its capability based on launch titles is silly, almost no system is ever done justice by games made in it's first year.

Well launch games like Condemned, CoD2, and Quake 4 showed the 360 is significantly more powerful than previous consoles.

Quake 4 wasn't a big leap over the original Xbox's best.

Anyway, my point was, all those games absolutely pale in comparison to what top-shelf 360 games look like now.

And I'm pointing out there were launch games that did look like a generational leap forward at launch.

Even the ports of PS2 and Xbox games looked much better on the 360 in comparison. 360 looked superior at launch, not after a few years.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:

And I'm pointing out there were launch games that did look like a generational leap forward at launch.

Even the ports of PS2 and Xbox games looked much better on the 360 in comparison.

Most X360 ports had their own development team and were not direct ports.   All the Wii U ports are direct ports with no new assets.

It was much easier to do that back then when productions were smaller and you coudl spare a whole team.  These Wii U ports are just sections of the main team, 10-20 people at most, simply porting over what the main team works on.

I'm not trying to suggest anything one way or the other regarding this debate.  Only adding perspective why early X360 poerts were a visible graphical leap forward and why those on Wii U are not.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

At least 2 to 3 times more powerful.

But it doesn't really matter to me, it looks looks great.

TheBardsSong said:
Stating facts = PS3 fanboys hitting hard. Okay.

Calm down. You're taking some things too seriously.