By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How much more powerful do you think the Wii U is compared to PS3/Xbox360.

HappySqurriel said:
Sal.Paradise said:

Ok, so you DONT have sources and were bullshitting? 

Remember, the basis tot his argument is that you originally said: 

The two launch games for the XBox 360 that looked better than XBox games were Kameo and Perfect Dark, two games that began development before the XBox was released and were nearly completed before they were switched development to the XBox 360. The last 18 months of development of these games was primarily on improving their visuals.

As to why Kameo looked so good, and Wii U launch titles aren't showing the same generational lep.

So you were just lying about Kameo? 

Any answer to this? No? 

So are you claiming that Kameo and Perfect Dark did not begin development on the Gamecube as launch games?

Because that is a fact

Are you claiming that at E3 2004 Kameo wasn't demonstrated as a nearly complete game expected to be released at the end of 2004/beginning of 2005 and was then transferred to the XBox 360?

Because that is a fact

No, I didn't deny any of those things. You however, did not say that. You made up details about their development to suuport your argument. 

Happysquirrel...I'm afraid I called you out on your made up arguments and now you're trying to change the argument to stuff about Wonderful 101 and Mario games. No.

Clearly now:

1. You posted a screenshot that was unrepresentative of xbox 360 games at launch and tried to pass it off as if all 360 launch games looked that bad.

2. I reminded you of Kameo, a very good looking 360 launch game, that clearly shows your cherry pick shoddy looking GUN (?) screenshot is not representative of how good a 360 launch title looked. 

3. You then made the claim: The two launch games for the XBox 360 that looked better than XBox games were Kameo and Perfect Dark, two games that began development before the XBox was released and were nearly completed before they were switched development to the XBox 360. The last 18 months of development of these games was primarily on improving their visuals.

Information to which you have no source. 

4. When asked about Kameo vs Pikmin, you said:

18 to 24 months to improve visuals of a nearly completed game will typically result in a better looking game than 12 to 18 months to develop a game from scratch from the ground up ...

I then asked you for sources and you didn't provide them, and are now posting screenshots of other games and trying to divert the conversation.

Sorry, I don't argue with people that make up things. Quit trying to paint it as anything else. Please use proper sources/arguments next time, thank you. 

Around the Network
phenom08 said:

Maybe in your opinion. He cherry picked a bad looking 360 game while you cherry picked a good one, so what's your point?

Lol, I cherry picked a good one? The whole point of his picture was trying to make it seem like the 360s launch titles did not demonstrate a significant leap. Kameo proves this wrong, as it does. That's it. End of. 

Sal.Paradise said:

No, I didn't deny any of those things. You however, did not say that. You made up details about their development to suuport your argument. 

Happysquirrel...I'm afraid I called you out on your made up arguments and now you're trying to change the argument to stuff about Wonderful 101 and Mario games. No.

Clearly now:

1. You posted a screenshot that was unrepresentative of xbox 360 games at launch and tried to pass it off as if all 360 launch games looked that bad.

2. I reminded you of Kameo, a very good looking 360 launch game, that clearly shows your cherry pick shoddy looking GUN (?) screenshot is not representative of how good a 360 launch title looked. 

3. You then made the claim: The two launch games for the XBox 360 that looked better than XBox games were Kameo and Perfect Dark, two games that began development before the XBox was released and were nearly completed before they were switched development to the XBox 360. The last 18 months of development of these games was primarily on improving their visuals.

18 to 24 months to improve visuals of a nearly completed game will typically result in a better looking game than 12 to 18 months to develop a game from scratch from the ground up ...

I then asked you for sources and you didn't provide them, and are now posting screenshots of other games and trying to divert the conversation.

Sorry, I don't argue with people that make up things. Quit trying to paint it as anything else. Please use proper sources/arguments next time, thank you. 

What's the difference between you cherry picking Kameo and him cherry picking Gun? Atleast Gun was actually RELEASED for both.

phenom08 said:
What's the difference between you cherry picking Kameo and him cherry picking Gun? Atleast Gun was actually RELEASED for both.

Because the whole POINT of his post was to insinuate that 360s launch titles were bad looking and NOT a generational leap, which Kameo, the best looking launch title, disproves! This is so simple! 

Sal.Paradise said:
phenom08 said:

Maybe in your opinion. He cherry picked a bad looking 360 game while you cherry picked a good one, so what's your point?

Lol, I cherry picked a good one? The whole point of his picture was trying to make it seem like the 360s launch titles did not demonstrate a significant leap. Kameo proves this wrong, as it does. That's it. End of. 

Kameo doesn't prove this wrong because it doesn't really look that much better than late gen Xbox games. You are cherry picking because you hand picked an unreleased Xbox game to prove a point. Maybe to you Kameo proves a big leap but not to many of us, that wasn't until later 360 games.

Around the Network
Sal.Paradise said:
phenom08 said:

Because the whole POINT of his post was to insinuate that 360s launch titles were bad looking and NOT a generational leap, which Kameo, the best looking launch title, disproves! This is so simple! 

You proved it by comparing it to a unreleased Xbox game. This is so simple. Maybe to you it looks like a signicant generational leap but not to many, if its actually compared to the "BEST LOOKING XBOX GAME" thats actually released you know.

phenom08 said:
Sal.Paradise said:
phenom08 said:

Kameo doesn't prove this wrong because it doesn't really look that much better than late gen Xbox games. You are cherry picking because you hand picked an unreleased Xbox game to prove a point. Maybe to you Kameo proves a big leap but not to many of us, that wasn't until later 360 games.

Oh god.

Fifth, maybe sixth time now.

Listen. Read. Whatever you have to do.

In this thread, I was not talking about the original Xbox Kameo game.

I was referring to the 360 one.

Which demonstrated a significant leap over all last gen games (<<<---- this is something he didn't try to argue, if you think differently, then that is a different argument!!) and shows that his picture of GUN trying to make it seem like the 360s launch titles did not demonstrate a significant leap was completely misleading. 

CAPICHE! 

Sal.Paradise said:

Clearly now:

1) I posted a screenshot to refute a moronic claim ... "Maybe 20% more efficient, and graphically indistinguishable from the other consoles."

2) I never said Gun was representative

3) Are you disputing that those were the good looking XBox 360 games, that they were in development before the XBox was released, or they had been nearly complete before they were switched to the XBox 360?

4) We don't know what state Pikmin was in before it became a Wii U game. We never saw a single screenshot of it and all indications for it demonstrate that it was in early stages of development before being a Wii U game. While the timeline may be wrong, it still is entirely fair to characterize Kameo and Perfect Dark as being graphical upgrades of nearly completed games, while Pikmin was a game that was being developed from the ground up.

I also said

"After E3 if there are no games that look any better than XBox 360 games I will agree with you that there isn't a substantial improvement in the visuals of games, until then I want to see an apples-to-apples comparison between games."

PROVE that Pikmin 3 is an Apples to Apples comparison to Kameo

There are a variety of this that are drastically different between these two games, there development is only one of them.

I was always trying to answer the core question you posed, why doesn't Pikmin 3 represent a generational jump in graphics?

You being unwilling to say that Pikmin 3 needs improved graphics to realize the potential of the art style is a perfect reason why it doesn't represent a generational jump in graphics. If even graphics whores don't see a problem with your graphics why would you spend more money developing better images?

And to think I ever doubted the entertainment value of these forums. It's fun whether you're participating or just spectating.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

HappySqurriel said:

1) I posted a screenshot to refute a moronic claim ... "Maybe 20% more efficient, and graphically indistinguishable from the other consoles."

2) I never said Gun was representative

3) Are you disputing that those were the good looking XBox 360 games, that they were in development before the XBox was released, or they had been nearly complete before they were switched to the XBox 360?

4) We don't know what state Pikmin was in before it became a Wii U game. We never saw a single screenshot of it and all indications for it demonstrate that it was in early stages of development before being a Wii U game. While the timeline may be wrong, it still is entirely fair to characterize Kameo and Perfect Dark as being graphical upgrades of nearly completed games, while Pikmin was a game that was being developed from the ground up.

I also said

"After E3 if there are no games that look any better than XBox 360 games I will agree with you that there isn't a substantial improvement in the visuals of games, until then I want to see an apples-to-apples comparison between games."

PROVE that Pikmin 3 is an Apples to Apples comparison to Kameo

There are a variety of this that are drastically different between these two games, there development is only one of them.

I was always trying to answer the core question you posed, why doesn't Pikmin 3 represent a generational jump in graphics?

You being unwilling to say that Pikmin 3 needs improved graphics to realize the potential of the art style is a perfect reason why it doesn't represent a generational jump in graphics. If even graphics whores don't see a problem with your graphics why would you spend more money developing better images?

Oh please, what rubbish, how on earth does a screenshot of a 360 game refute him saying that the Wii U will be   "Maybe 20% more efficient, and graphically indistinguishable from the other consoles." ???

This is pathetic! I've called you out on making up information and you're doing your very best to wriggle out of it!

You're now saying I'm unwilling to talk about stuff you brought up a few posts ago, guess what, because I called you out on MADE UP information about Pikmin 3 and Kameo's development that you DIDNT back up, and I REFUSED to argue any further with you until you provided a source, WHICH YOU DIDNT.