By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Apple maps is terrible.

- I like the new Map app in iOS6 but I didn't know how inaccurate it is (needs improvements)
- The new Google Maps app for iOS6 is in development

So no problem here... waiting a better Maps app or the new Google Maps app.

Around the Network

You guys are holding the phone wrong.

Seriously though, Apple did come out and said they appreciate all the feedback and with that, they'll improve the maps in the coming .... years? I imagine if Steve Jobs was still alive, iOS 6 users wouldn't even get that. Steve was very ... I dunno ... "I could give two craps you babies."

For me, the best thing about smartphones? Built in GPS that is up in running in under 3 seconds! Way better than my stand alone unit which sometimes needs 5 minutes to find a signal. Top that off with the fact I get FREE GPS with Android (Well, two since Sprint also offers a free one) and I'm in Heaven. If I suddenly lost that I'd be annoyed. Google may release an app, but Apple will never go back to Google Maps as its default. They will wait the whiners out. Just like they did with Flash. No one mentions that anymore.

pezus said:

http://theamazingios6maps.tumblr.com/

lulz

ROLF

I once lived exactly in a place depicted by this map! Talk about coincidence!

So, I herd you liek Apple Maps

This tumblr has composed all the worst of the worst http://theamazingios6maps.tumblr.com/.

Former something....

Around the Network

it's ok but they made a right cockup of it

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/sep/20/apple-maps-ios6-station-tower

Apple should of really developed their maps app, until it was ready. It sound like an unfinished product really

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

VicViper said:

So, I herd you liek Apple Maps

@ 2nd picture, how the fuck do you end up in the tree like that? lol, this is just very funny overall, it's stupidly bad

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Thread-

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

LOL, some Apple devs must be secretly working for Google!!!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

iOS6 plain out sucks. No real improvements in anything and the Maps app has proven to be a disaster the world over. Not as much in US, but in rest of world its beyond bad.

However, Google will have a normal app for maps and probably navigation soon. Still sad people don't realize that Apple kept Google from putting its awesome navigation on iPhone years ago. I've always had perfect turn by turn navigation on Android since I started back in 2009.