By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is PS3 set to dominate console sales for the rest of the year?

room414 said:
phenom08 said:
pezus said:
phenom08 said:
pezus said:

Get out of this thread and stop replying to me if you can't do it without including childish retorts. That's me asking.

I'm not being childish you just can't take the heat. You are only preparing your excuse for when it underperforms. Don't worry we'll be calling when it comes no where near dominance. Why not extend your prediction into 2013? How about the PS3 will win 2013 as well. I'm sure you aren't worried.

Do you have reading problems? I already said I think Wii U will sell the most in 2013.

Do you think the PS3 can outsell the WiiU during launch week? Like the 3DS did to the Vita in Japan when it launched. Also why don't you count the 3DS? Home consoles can outsell handhelds, just ask the PSP and Vita.

You don't seem very well informed so you probably don't know the 3ds was cheaper than the 7 year old psp when the vita launched. Also the ps2 outsold every handheld nintendo has ever made so i think we all know how that works. He made a thread about home consoles. Fucking deal with it.

can you use curse words in these forums?

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.

Around the Network
pezus said:
DaRev said:
pezus said:
DaRev said:
pezus said:

Oh, yeah? How many have pre-ordered? I think you're going to be in for a sore disappointment...Wii U only has a month to sell compared to the 3+ months for the others in this comparison.

Bet, between release and 1 January 2012, of both the Wii U and PS3 slimmer than slim but not any cheaper, Wii U will outsell the PS3 slimmer than slim but not any cheaper. You going to take that bet?

I'll take it

OK

You going to put that in your sig?

sure,....if only i knew where to go to do that.

pezus said:
DaRev said:
room414 said:

You don't seem very well informed so you probably don't know the 3ds was cheaper than the 7 year old psp when the vita launched. Also the ps2 outsold every handheld nintendo has ever made so i think we all know how that works. He made a thread about home consoles. Fucking deal with it.

can you use curse words in these forums?

Yes, there are no rules against it. Curse words in thread titles however are generally not OK in my experience

ha ha, well that's extremely silly. So you can curse a dude out but not call him a fanboy? lol

room414 said:
phenom08 said:

Do you think the PS3 can outsell the WiiU during launch week? Like the 3DS did to the Vita in Japan when it launched. Also why don't you count the 3DS? Home consoles can outsell handhelds, just ask the PSP and Vita.

I'm confused, you said "the PS2 outsold every handheld ninty has ever made" so the PS3 should be able to outsell the 3DS then. How much did the PSP cost when the Vita launched lol. Are you another Sony fan that believes cheap price tags garauntee higher sales lol. Tell that to the Wii and DS, so fail. He didn't say anything like only home consoles in the thread title and rather he likes it or not, handhelds count. So fucking deal with it.

phenom08 said:
room414 said:
phenom08 said:

I'm confused, you said "the PS2 outsold every handheld ninty has ever made" so the PS3 should be able to outsell the 3DS then. How much did the PSP cost when the Vita launched lol. Are you another Sony fan that believes cheap price tags garauntee higher sales lol. Tell that to the Wii and DS, so fail. He didn't say anything like only home consoles in the thread title and rather he likes it or not, handhelds count. So fucking deal with it.

Why should the ps3 be able to do what the ps2 did? Did the n64 and gamecube achieve what the snes did? You're not very logical. You can't see how a cheap price helped the 3ds and wii against much more expensive hardware? It's common sense.

I think the op is fairly clear but if it wasn't to you it should be by now so you should probably drop it.

btw the psp was16800yen which is still the msrp, the 3ds msrp is 15000yen

Around the Network

Wii U will have an affect.

PS3 will do great but I'm not totally sure how much that Wii U affect will do.
(And the new model is toootally not sexy!)

The 360 Halo bundle but especially the COD bundle will move 360s, hell even the reduced kinect price will attract the casuals.

But the only way Sony can sell more this year is if MS doesnt actually price drop the consoles themselves.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

For Sony's sake, I hope it continues in the six figures range. This holidays are going to be a huge deciding factor if PS3 can keep up with Wii U however. People will need to be exposed to how good a deal these bundles the PS3 has to offer its competition. Deals at stores and parents that are willing to spend a little more for a next generation system can affect the overall outcome.

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

ps3 will be highest selling system for the year but x360 will narrow gap between ps3 for the year to less than 1 million with holiday xmas sales rush. black ops 2 and halo 4 will push x360 sales along with price cuts and kinect bundles. 

Depends on if MS drops the price or not. They still have a month or so decide ,and could be waiting for the last minute to cut prices (maybe a week or two before Black Friday?) hasn't a console manufacture waited late before? I could have sworn one company did before.

I think if MS doesn't drop the price they will lose outside of the US. The US is also getting a Skyrim pack in with the $300 system so I really doubt MS will lose the US.

Can't count out Nintendo *yet* because they did amazing last black friday with the Wii.

It's just that simple.