By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is PS3 set to dominate console sales for the rest of the year?

Baron said:
cookingyourmama said:
Baron said:
cookingyourmama said:

If retailers were stupid enough to get into a price war in europe then that's their fault, Sony set the retail price in Europe and retailers chose to break it, so if you want to be mad at somebody then it's the retailers.

LOL! What?! I should be mad at retailers because they offer hardware at a lower price than the manufacturer?!

Bad retailers! Going around saving people money with a price war. Who do they think they are?

Hahahaha.

Hahahahaha nope, you can't have it both ways, you can bitch and moan all you like but you can't ignore the actual real reason why this has happened. You're problem is there is now a price difference in Europe and the fact is the only reason why that price difference exists is because retailers chose to break the recommended retail price of the PS3. That's the retailers fault.

Again, that's not my problem. It's Sony's problem. They're not getting my money now. SImple. I'm not bitching and moaning, I'm just saying I'm not gonna spend more for less. I don't care who you blame.

Yeah it is your problem if you choose to blame the wrong people, it's as simple as that.

Around the Network
cookingyourmama said:
Baron said:
cookingyourmama said:
Baron said:
cookingyourmama said:

If retailers were stupid enough to get into a price war in europe then that's their fault, Sony set the retail price in Europe and retailers chose to break it, so if you want to be mad at somebody then it's the retailers.

LOL! What?! I should be mad at retailers because they offer hardware at a lower price than the manufacturer?!

Bad retailers! Going around saving people money with a price war. Who do they think they are?

Hahahaha.

Hahahahaha nope, you can't have it both ways, you can bitch and moan all you like but you can't ignore the actual real reason why this has happened. You're problem is there is now a price difference in Europe and the fact is the only reason why that price difference exists is because retailers chose to break the recommended retail price of the PS3. That's the retailers fault.

Again, that's not my problem. It's Sony's problem. They're not getting my money now. SImple. I'm not bitching and moaning, I'm just saying I'm not gonna spend more for less. I don't care who you blame.

Yeah it is your problem if you choose to blame the wrong people, it's as simple as that.

How so? Are you gonna make me pay for pointing the finger at Sony for not cutting the PS3's price in Europe?

LOL, Get over yourself.

Baron said:
cookingyourmama said:
Baron said:
cookingyourmama said:
Baron said:
cookingyourmama said:

Hahahaha.

How so? Are you gonna make me pay for pointing the finger at Sony for not cutting the PS3's price in Europe?

LOL, Get over yourself.

If YOU choose to blame the wrong people then that's YOUR problem, you can argue till you're blue in the face but you still won't be right.

cookingyourmama said:

If YOU choose to blame the wrong people then that's YOUR problem, you can argue till you're blue in the face but you still won't be right.

Sony doesn't lower the PS3's price so I'm not buying it. The end.

And I lived happily ever after.

pezus said:

Let's just wait if the retailers decide to make deals with this new model as well...jesus, give them some space.

You want that price reduction bad don't you. Doing well in Europe means nothing since the Xbox is going to dominate the States. That's more than enough to offset what the PS3 will do in Europe. I wouldn't expect much from Japan either thanks to the WiiU and Mario.

Around the Network
pezus said:
ninetailschris said:
Who cares about the new model besides sony fans in the first place?

If you were going to buy a ps3 it's not going to be because of the slim.

I don't know...

Something tells me this will be a huge seller. FIFA boosts the PS3 each year, but what happens when a sexy-looking model releases along with it?

I'm sure that same something also told you the PS3 would be $199.99 or below. How did that work out again?

pezus said:
phenom08 said:

I'm sure that same something also told you the PS3 would be $199.99 or below. How did that work out again?

No, it didn't...

I'm sure it didn't, anyways which platform do you think will sell the most next year besides the 3DS?

pezus said:
phenom08 said:
pezus said:

Let's just wait if the retailers decide to make deals with this new model as well...jesus, give them some space.

You want that price reduction bad don't you. Doing well in Europe means nothing since the Xbox is going to dominate the States. That's more than enough to offset what the PS3 will do in Europe. I wouldn't expect much from Japan either thanks to the WiiU and Mario.

What are you always going on about. I have a PS3 already and I don't live in the states so the price doesn't affect me.

Then why do you care about the "deals with this new model?" Don't worry I know why, when the PS3 performs well, you go balistic, but when it underperforms, you say, I don't care I play games not sales.

Your topic says "rest of the year", so I'm assuming you mean from now to the end of the year. If that's the case I think that single month will be all the Wii U needs. The redesign of the PS3 is likely to boost sales, but I don't think we'll be seeing 200% increases or anything this late, probably about 30,000 to 50,000 boost in the first month and then it will drop back down.

Baron said:
cookingyourmama said:

Sony doesn't lower the PS3's price so I'm not buying it. The end.

And I lived happily ever after.

Obviously not because you wanted a PS3, and now because you can't accept the fact that the prices were at the levels they were due to retailers getting in to a price war you don't get to have a PS3.