By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Non Nintendo fans, what do you think of the WiiU now?

Still not convinced, Nintendo made exclusives don't interest me and from what we've seen so far it doesn't appear to be leaps and bounds over our current consoles. I'll continue to buy PS3 games and wait for the real next gen consoles.

Around the Network

I'm not a "fan" of anything but good games that are fun. I couldn't care less who makes a console as long as it is high quality and has the games gamers want.

so far, not impressed at all. the console is too much $$$ for what you are getting. some launch window titles look ok, others look like wtfcrap. the only game I am really looking forward to is pikman 3, and I mean, I can live without it.
Avoiding the wiiu untill it is $200 or less and next gen consoles are out. It looks like once again nintendo will be avoided by gamers. the only difference I see is late in the gen people might get it for the exclusives ( pikman 3 as I said before, some mario games if they are good ect).
I hoped nintendo would come back and be as awesome as they were with N64 but they won't be.

The WiiU is too similar to current gen for me to get on board. I will get a PS3 long before that (new slimmer). Games on WiiU looks like 360 games with higher resolution and I'm not a fan of Nintendo games.

I just love when people say they'll wait for a "true next generation system". I can't help it but smile every time I see it! Hahaha!

... "Ill wait for true nextgen system".. in the mean time ill go keep crying about bayonetta2 .. im hardcorz yo! ..

/s

Around the Network
carlos3189 said:
I just love when people say they'll wait for a "true next generation system". I can't help it but smile every time I see it! Hahaha!

whats wrong with saying so?

edit: ot not impressed honestly

BluGamer23 said:
... "Ill wait for true nextgen system".. in the mean time ill go keep crying about bayonetta2 .. im hardcorz yo! ..

/s

Moderated Kasz216

The only thing that surprised me was Bayonetta 2 for the WiiU only. Not because of the exclusivity per se, but because the developers are treating like crap the gamers that supported their first game.

The WiiU can have all the exclusives they want, and I wont give a damn, as long as any other companies don't follow this nonsensical stupidity. Releasing a new IP on certain consoles, and make the sequel exclusive for another one, in which gamers don't give a damn about that genre, and don't know what the fuck the franchise is about; is just brilliant (not).....LMAO

Now this franchise does not exist for me anymore, nor any other "Platinum games + Sega" title, because they may end up doing the same thing again. If they don't show me, as a costumer, respect; then I wont have any respect to show them, and they wont get my money. I know it is bit radical, but what Sega allowed this time is pure crap.

The other news about the specs, and the other exclusive games and ports are unimportant for me, because I dont give a damn about mario, zelda, pokemon, metroid, etc. For me the 1st party exclusives Sony develops are the games I need, and enjoy. And I am sure, that the games 360 users get, are what they enjoy the most, and most dont give a damn about nintendo franchises.

I think that the console will fail, because it´s main "appealing" factor is the gigantic controller, that I find it quite annoying if you need to look at 2 screens at the same time if you want to get "the whole" experience of the game. And for those who say..."you can play the games with the other controller", so according to them it is just a PS3/360,....... why would I be interested in that, if I already have one?

StevenKreg said:

I mean. The system looks more solid than the Wii and its at least heading in the right direction.

But, no way in hell I'm holding a big clunky freaking ipad to play a video game.

I'm pretty sure it also has classic controller support doesn't it?

mushroomboy5 said:
StevenKreg said:

I mean. The system looks more solid than the Wii and its at least heading in the right direction.

But, no way in hell I'm holding a big clunky freaking ipad to play a video game.

I'm pretty sure it also has classic controller support doesn't it?

Then it is basically a PS3/360.   The only "appealing" thing is the controller, so if you don use it is just another current gen console.  Why any of us who have one already would be interested in the WiiU, if we dont like nintendo games??