By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: Wii U will sell under 40 million units

BraLoD said:
The amount of gold in this thread...

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
Metallox said:

I doubt it. It will stop at 15 million at best. 

What?! Now I'm being too optimistic in my pessimistic pessimism?

Nintendo expect to ship a LT of about 13.6 million when NX is out... 15 million is absolutely the best scenario.

14 million seem the most likely prediction, or well, if we wanna round, cause a bit less than < 14m seem even more correct.

betacon said:
Baryonyx said:

No, i would be mad if i didn't consider the possibilities that Math and Statistic's can change at all time within the limits of physics as we currently know iy. People have been buying PS2's since 2001 all the way until 2014, that i decided to include that WiiU have the same chance just to play it safe.

The chance that you are wrong are more likely then that i am wrong, you predicted that it will be selling less then 15 in it's lifetime and i made a prediction that it will be below 35, i never actually said 35 but i did indeed say that it can be anything below 35M, if WiiU reach over 15, you loose the prediction, if it stops completely at 13,5m, you made a better prediction but well deserved if so.

WHAT?? The ps2is not the rule no other console has or will ver continue to sell like it did after the release of the next gen consoles, the wii u might get 20 million and thats a big IF... the chance of the wii u hitting 35 million is the same as the dreamcast hitting 35 million.

Never said it would reach 35, i said below 35 (0-35m) and that i am ok that the chances arejust like throwing a snowball into a firepit and hoping it wouldn't melt is the same chance that the WiiU would even reach 14 million. Everything in life that can change, can change and that is my philosopy.

The biggest reason why WiiU didn't sell good is because people think WiiU is just the pad due for keeping the same design on the console.. Casuals probably think they already have a Wii and that they won't buy the WiiU cause they don't need the pad. Ironic

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90

Ryng_Tolu said:
thismeintiel said:

What?! Now I'm being too optimistic in my pessimistic pessimism?

Nintendo expect to ship a LT of about 13.6 million when NX is out... 15 million is absolutely the best scenario.

14 million seem the most likely prediction, or well, if we wanna round, cause a bit less than < 14m seem even more correct.

Aren't they going to continue production even after that? At least one year more? That should be enough to sell 200K-400K units more, which by Wi U standards is a considerable quantity. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

synthetic said:
LOL at the out to lunch predictions in this thread, kind of like some of the NX posts you see now.

You'd think after making such ridiculous statements, they'd learn something, but nope! "Things are different this time, guys. You just wait".

I have no problem with bad predictions, but the dismissive attitude, the overconfidence, the constant denial, etc are extremely annoying. Eating some humble pie would do a lot people here some good. 

Around the Network
Baryonyx said:
Metroid33slayer said:

35 million, are you mad? It won't even hit 15.

No, i would be mad if i didn't consider the possibilities that Math and Statistic's can change at all time within the limits of physics as we currently know iy. People have been buying PS2's since 2001 all the way until 2014, that i decided to include that WiiU have the same chance just to play it safe.

The chance that you are wrong are more likely then that i am wrong, you predicted that it will be selling less then 15 in it's lifetime and i made a prediction that it will be below 35, i never actually said 35 but i did indeed say that it can be anything below 35M, if WiiU reach over 15, you loose the prediction, if it stops completely at 13,5m, you made a better prediction but well deserved if so.

You said below 35 which means you still think it can possibly reach 34.99m which is a joke lol, you really exposed yourself as delusional there. Nintendo forecasts 13.6m by march 31st next year then it will get discontinued shortly after. 

BraLoD said:
SWORDF1SH said:

How many PS4s you could buy with that...

20,000 PS4s or 10 Neos.

BraLoD said:
SWORDF1SH said:

20,000 PS4s or 10 Neos.

10K Neos, you mean XP

Nope, 10 Neos. 

BraLoD said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Nope, 10 Neos. 

Oh, you were trying to be funny, sorry.
*goes back in time*
"ahahaha, yeah xD"

It's fixed now.

Too late, you fucked it up now! 

Metroid33slayer said:
Baryonyx said:

You said below 35 which means you still think it can possibly reach 34.99m which is a joke lol, you really exposed yourself as delusional there. Nintendo forecasts 13.6m by march 31st next year then it will get discontinued shortly after. 

Yes, i am delusional because i said below 35, which is still true. 

What about you stop going around calling people delusional and grow up.

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90