By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: Wii U will sell under 40 million units

What constitutes "selling seriously" ...huh? So you think Nintendo just hasn't tried for the past year and a half? You think they are sitting in their offices, rubbing their hands together and laughing maniacally while thinking "just wait till we actually try!" If so then Nintendo needs to clean house and fire everyone if that is their attitude.

You are also completely ridiculous with your estimates. No one game (MK8) will cause a 300% increase in sales. It will most likely increase, if at all, about 30-50% of baseline... Meaning a month after MK8 releases it will most likely be back to 20k levels if Nintendo does nothing relevant to increase sales again

Around the Network

What a funny, funny thread. So funny.

DieAppleDie said:
Zero chances for it to sell under 50m

I'll bump this thread now! Anyway zero chances it'll sell under 15 million ;). But anyway the Wii U def disappointed, as well everyone thought it'd sell much better...

Where did you ever go wrong Nintendo...

Man-Bear-Pig, is there ANY prediction you made ever ended up being wrong

Proud to be a Californian.

Around the Network

People used to say: "Sadness is a vaporware", Sadness will never come to wii, etc.

Well, i say: ha! HAHAHAHA, in your face.

There it is guys, we got it, we got it. Because, if this trhead is not the definition of sadness, i don't know what is!

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

well its almost 1/4 of the way there :)

I salute you MBP for having a thread with golden posts

Some man bear pig prediction are seriusly devastating.

But i think that this is much better prediction:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=148183

Holy shit. What the hell where these guys thinking when the Wii U came out? Seriously, I knew that the Nintendo bias was strong here, but "no chance for under 50m", c'mon maaaaaaaaaan, that's just hilarious. XD

I'm now filled with determination.