By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: Wii U will sell under 40 million units

man-bear-pig said:

I actually had 8 giant bullet-points typed out to explain my prediction, but for some reason the page re-loaded and the text disappeared. I'm not gonna type it again damn it!!

Anyway, I'll bump this thread in 10 years.

In the meantime..do you agree? do you disagree? If you have any questions, fire away.

Wow. You predicted correctly. I also had suspision that it might under perform but didnt imagined it will do this bad. No need to bump in 10 years. You can bump after 2-3 years.

Around the Network

30 million sales looks like a chance. However, 20 to 25 million sales for the Wii U is looking more likely.

In 2012, it seemed like a bad prediction.
Now I pray for this to happen ...

This thread is freaking gold. In fact it should probably be stickied just for the sheer lols.

It's funny how nowadays everyone says how Nintendo made all the wrong decisions making the Wii U end up in the sales dumpster (which is true to some degree), but back during the release everyone thought Nintendo made the right calls.

Oh well, that's just proof that you can't predict the future. It's still fun regardless to see everyone's reactions from the past.

Wow, how wrong people were. I'm seriously inclined to cross reference some of the posts of people in this thread with posts of the same people in my PS4 prediction thread. :D

Around the Network

I can't see it selling over 30 million

It just needs better games and it will sell. I'm waiting for a new Zelda and Metroid game before I buy a Wii U and I'm sure a lot of people are waiting for Smash and Mario Kart or the new X game. A price drop will help sales as well.

I can't believe that I am saying this, but MBP was right!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

dudeitsminion said:
It just needs better games and it will sell. I'm waiting for a new Zelda and Metroid game before I buy a Wii U and I'm sure a lot of people are waiting for Smash and Mario Kart or the new X game. A price drop will help sales as well.

That's not it. Wii U lacks of a general appeal, people do not know what it is and that it even exsits.

I remember when PS3 was selling really badly, but people were waiting for a price cut because it was way too expensive. Now, I don't see that buzz about Wii U, so I believe that, as for Vita, those two consoles are going to sell absymal numbers during their lifetimes with or without new games, pricecuts or redesings.

well hes right congratz
:D

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3