By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Splinter Cell Conviction = Modern Assassins Creed

NeoRatt said:

My understanding is that it got delayed because gameplay wasn't good and they needed to improve it...  I hope Ubisoft doesn't release it until it is excellent gameplay.  Whether that is around MGS or Christmas this year, or whenever...

I read that they were trying to make nearly every object in the environment interactive, such as being able to use a bench to block a doorway or throwing a guy onto a desk and every individual object on the desk doing its own thing.  I dont know much about programming but I would imagine that this would be a very difficult task.

America = Best Gaming Console

Europe = Best Game Developers

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
gamingdevil said:
I think it's 360 exclusive.

Hmm, darn it. It might show up after some time though.

Damnit, now I want to try the other ones! Recommend one (or all if you will!)!  ?

Double Agent and Chaos Theory are generally agreed to be the best so far (I agree with that).  Chaos Theory and the original Xbox version of DA have full splitscreen coop campaigns as well, which are insanely fun.  The 360 version of DA lacks the coop for some reason, and has some wierd co-op/point scoring thing.  Also, the 360 version has many extra levels, and the ones that are in both are more complex in this one.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
thekitchensink said:
Mummelmann said:
gamingdevil said:
I think it's 360 exclusive.

Hmm, darn it. It might show up after some time though.

Damnit, now I want to try the other ones! Recommend one (or all if you will!)!  ?

Double Agent and Chaos Theory are generally agreed to be the best so far (I agree with that).  Chaos Theory and the original Xbox version of DA have full splitscreen coop campaigns as well, which are insanely fun.  The 360 version of DA lacks the coop for some reason, and has some wierd co-op/point scoring thing.  Also, the 360 version has many extra levels, and the ones that are in both are more complex in this one.

i would have to argue on that i think the original SC for xbox and chaos theory are the best

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

^^To each his own, then

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

yes ofcourse,eveyone prefers somthing more then the other

Around the Network
thekitchensink said:
^^To each his own, then

You may prefer DA over the original but general consensus from GameRankings would disagree with you.

When DA was good, it was very good (the Shanghai fireworks level, for example). But when it was bad, it was extremely boring (the infiltration missions in the terrorist building). 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
thekitchensink said:
^^To each his own, then

You may prefer DA over the original but general consensus from GameRankings would disagree with you.

When DA was good, it was very good (the Shanghai fireworks level, for example). But when it was bad, it was extremely boring (the infiltration missions in the terrorist building).

That Shanghai level was Fan-F'ing-tastic....easily one of my favorite SC levels ever.  I loved how they had you cracking the safe like 3 feet away from the meeting.

I have to admit though, I am glad to see them take the series in a new direction regardless of whether they decided to stick with this direction or not. I like that that are trying something new (new for them anyways) and its always nice to see an interesting new twist to any genre.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Sqrl said:

That Shanghai level was Fan-F'ing-tastic....easily one of my favorite SC levels ever.  I loved how they had you cracking the safe like 3 feet away from the meeting.

That Shanghai level was amazing...  I just sat and watched the fireworks for like five minutes the first time through it (played it a few times) and then once you got into the building, it was just as good. The scenes outside the building are absolutely drool-worthy in HD.

I agree that it was one of the best SC levels ever. Too bad the rest of the game wasn't more like it. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

I really liked the CT Korean level where you have to disable a nuke. That and the classic bank level.

^is that in CT or DA