By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I Have Finally Decided My Gaming Purchases for This Gen.

PC all the way!

I seam to be always drawn back to my PC and COD4 has me hooked.  The Wii is also a good choice. It was my first console this gen, although i sold it last year. My xbox, although i have heaps of games usually gets used for my work ( home automation).

My next console will be the Wii (again), which is very entertaining + i want to try the balance board with "1080" or something like that if the devs decide to utilize the balance board

Predictions JAN 08

2008 PS3-19.5M(actual 19.5) XBOX360-23M(actual 27.5) Wii - 37M(actual 45.8M)

End of 2009 PS3-27 25M XBOX360-30 35M Wii - 48 63M (revised DEC 08)

Price Point
Mid 2008 Wii $250 Xbox360$249 Xbox360(HDD)$299 PS3 $399

Mid 2009 Wii $189 Xbox360$199 Xbox360(HDD)$249 PS3 $339

Mid 2010 Wii $ 149 Xbox360$159 Xbox360(HDD)$199 PS3 $289

Around the Network

Sounds like a well thought out plan. I'd probably do the same in your shoes. PS3 has too many series that are wonderful to not pick one up at some point--like Final Fantasy & GT5.

And an upgraded PC is NEVER a bad thing...and like you said, you can play most 360 games on it.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

Sounds great except for one thing: Ninja Gaiden 2.

If MGS4 or NG2 weren't exclusive(for now at least), I would have a much easier time making up my mind on which of the HD consoles I'd like to get next. Who knows what's going to happen with KH3. Then there are others for the PS3 and 360 that sound nice, like FFXIII, SOCOM, next thing from the ICO team, Viva Pinata, Bioshock, Splinter Cell, and some others. At least RE5 is multi, so that is a load off my shoulders.

But I probably won't have the money for either one any time soon, as there are plenty of games I want to get for Wii, DS, and PS2(even though my PS2 doesn't work). 

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

to tell you the truth, ninja gaiden does not make me want a 360, I would not buy NG no matter what, even if I had a 360...

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Well I suppose upgrading a PC is a good idea :P I'm not a very big fan of pc gaming to be honest but your choices seem pretty reasonable :P Going with PS3 is good because you get the high def movies as well. I think the majority of your gaming will be done on pc though ^^. Like you said there are a few "must have" titles for you on the ps3 but you might just stick to those few titles :P

Good choice overall :)

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network
quigontcb said:

Sounds great except for one thing: Ninja Gaiden 2.

If MGS4 or NG2 weren't exclusive(for now at least), I would have a much easier time making up my mind on which of the HD consoles I'd like to get next. Who knows what's going to happen with KH3. Then there are others for the PS3 and 360 that sound nice, like FFXIII, SOCOM, next thing from the ICO team, Viva Pinata, Bioshock, Splinter Cell, and some others. At least RE5 is multi, so that is a load off my shoulders.

But I probably won't have the money for either one any time soon, as there are plenty of games I want to get for Wii, DS, and PS2(even though my PS2 doesn't work).

Sounds a lot like you need an 80 or 60g ps3 now doesn't it >: )

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Good choice. I enjoy my Wii60PC ...

I hate Pc gaming {shield self}

So I am gonna stick with Ps3

n WII when SSBB/wii fit come out

so this gen I am

PSWII

Last gen it was

PSGC..

so basically...M$ still hasn't got me on their bandwagon (and nothing on 360 seems like it will get me)

so SONY & Nintendo I shall stick to

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

tokilamockingbrd said:

I was having alot of difficulty deciding what console I will buy this Gen, I knew I would get a Wii, but I was not sure about my HD console... After serious thought I have come to this conclusion.

Between March and When I graduate from College in May I will buy my Wii, I have been waiting because well, I could not find one over christmas, and I do not have time during the semester to play. When I purchase it I will get MP 3, SMG, SSBB and MK(if it is out) with it. I have Zelda: TP for cube, so I will wait until it becomes a best seller to pick it up.

Now this is where it is difficult to decide, I like the Libraries(and future library's) of both the PS3 and 360... but all of the games I really want for the 360 on PC and the PS3 is too expensive.

So here is the plan, my laptop turned 4 this week so I need a new PC, I am going to build and powerful gaming PC/ Multimedia PC, using about 1400 dollars including a 19-22 inch monitor. This way I can get CoD4, and Oblivion(the only 360 games I want) and replace my PC in one shot...

I will wait a year or 2 until the PS3 has dropped in price to around 200-250 and then buy it, for the BR and the PS3 games I MUST HAVE (GT5, FFXIII, MGT4, GTA4)

I plan on the Wii being the console I buy 60% of my games (With selecting certian titles for PC, and PS3)

I have no interest in Halo at all... so that is why I do not need a 360...

So what do you all think about my plan?

You are a clever man. Period.

I do 90% of my gaming on PC nowadays (no current gen machinery yet...). This year is probably the wisest since the early 90's to invest in a proper gaming rig, have you seen all the games that are inbound?! It's in a thread somewhere, but I can't seem to remember the title right now. 

Good choice - I was amazed recently to realise just how many gaming options exist in my house at the moment.

I have Gamerig PC in my home office, PS3 in family room, two DSs (one for each kid) and a PSP for me... and the wife and kids want to get a Wii for the TV in the front room!

I almost feel guilty I haven't got a 360 - it's nothing against MS or the console, just that so far its never represented a purchase option for me for various reasons.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...