By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bayonetta 2 100% exclusive for the Wii U!!

Around the Network
chapset said:
T.Rexington said:
chapset said:
lilbroex said:
oniyide said:
Kenology said:
Now we'll just have to endure the port begging for the next couple of months. :D

Kinda like what some Ninty fans have been doing all gen? ;)

Yeah, "some" is the key word. Most didn't care unlike this scenario where the entirety of the Microsoft and Sony community are having a meltdown.

98% of the ps360 community never even played the first one, I find hard to believe they are all melting down. on the other hand wii fans have been begging for ass creed, gta iv, resident evil 5, red dead redemption, fifal fantasy xiii and plenty other games from the begging of the gen till now.

Not sure if joking or forgetting that the first Bayonetta is available on only the 360 and PS3... 1.8 million sales, yeah, nobody cared alright.

Also, I find it funny that people complain about the lack of ports to the previous Wii like the devs/pubs simply decided to just not make a wii version for the hell of it. It has nothing to do with the fact that the Wii was incredibly weak tech in comparison to the 360 and PS3. If you have anybody to blame for the lack of ports, or same day multiplat releases, blame nintendo for going with cheap hardware. In this case, there's too many rumors about the Wii U not being that big of a jump from the 360/PS3 to say B2 can't possibly be on other consoles either.

1.8 out of 134 ain't much ;) not like the entirety of the ps360 fanbase like he claimed

A comment like that makes no sense. At best, games can sell up to 20-25 million copies. Most games do a million which is considered a success. Trying to correlate that somehow 1.8 million people isn't enough is just insane. Even more so when compared to the amount of consoles owned. Every Call of Duty this gen might as well be considered a financial failure because well over 80 million people didn't buy it.

T.Rexington said:
chapset said:
T.Rexington said:
chapset said:
lilbroex said:
oniyide said:
Kenology said:
Now we'll just have to endure the port begging for the next couple of months. :D

Yeah, "some" is the key word. Most didn't care unlike this scenario where the entirety of the Microsoft and Sony community are having a meltdown.

98% of the ps360 community never even played the first one, I find hard to believe they are all melting down. on the other hand wii fans have been begging for ass creed, gta iv, resident evil 5, red dead redemption, fifal fantasy xiii and plenty other games from the begging of the gen till now.

Not sure if joking or forgetting that the first Bayonetta is available on only the 360 and PS3... 1.8 million sales, yeah, nobody cared alright.

Also, I find it funny that people complain about the lack of ports to the previous Wii like the devs/pubs simply decided to just not make a wii version for the hell of it. It has nothing to do with the fact that the Wii was incredibly weak tech in comparison to the 360 and PS3. If you have anybody to blame for the lack of ports, or same day multiplat releases, blame nintendo for going with cheap hardware. In this case, there's too many rumors about the Wii U not being that big of a jump from the 360/PS3 to say B2 can't possibly be on other consoles either.

1.8 out of 134 ain't much ;) not like the entirety of the ps360 fanbase like he claimed

A comment like that makes no sense. At best, games can sell up to 20-25 million copies. Most games do a million which is considered a success. Trying to correlate that somehow 1.8 million people isn't enough is just insane. Even more so when compared to the amount of consoles owned. Every Call of Duty this gen might as well be considered a financial failure because well over 80 million people didn't buy it.

I don't think you understand my answer to libroex, i recommend you reread the entire post tree

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

T.Rexington said:
chapset said:
lilbroex said:
oniyide said:
Kenology said:

THis, more selecitve memory and revisionist history. 

Around the Network
finalrpgfantasy said:

Bayonetta is my favorite game of this generation and they will release the second one as an exclusive on a console that I won't buy. My heart and brain are broken.

Follow the games you want, friend

I do not think they will lead you wrong; you would not like Bayonetta less for being on Wii U

Man the internet is sure going crazy for just one game and I'm pretty sure most of this "meltdowns" are MS or Sony fans who have never played or even know about Bayonetta and they are just doing it to insult Nintendo for a stupid reason. 

Nintendo and PC gamer

We have it on good authority that the thread title is incorrect. Mods, please fix it to read "exclusive for the Wii U."

The game will draw hack n slash fans on the 360/PS3, but it wont sell near to what Bayonetta sold. If it cant sell well enough with both the PS3 and 360 to make satisfactory return then Nintendos sales will be worse on its own.

forevercloud3000 said:
bazmeistergen said:
Viper1 said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Viper1 said:

Resident Evil 4 jumped to GC and did very well for such a small console install base.

Not really when it only sold about 1.4million and the series entries before it were selling 4million+. Hense the reason they hurrily made a PS2 port of it which went on to sell another 3.5million. That is what happens when you keep shaking up a fanbase with switching to different consoles.

What did I just say?   "did very well for such a small console install base."

Did you read "did very well" and ignored the rest?  

And it sold 1.6 million on GC and 2.2 million on PS2.  Unless you want to call Capcom wrong on their own figures.

Plus a couple of million on Wii, which takes it past the 4+million - so in fact didn't spoil sales at all by 'scattering'

The Wii version is a ReRelease, which is the equivalant of a Developer taking a game they made several years ago, repackaging it for another audience. Most of those sales are probably existing fans from the game who just upgraded to the Wii.

Persona games have all just been rereleased on PSP and sold about the same or a bit less, meaning the overlap of PSP and PS2 owners is significant. I know I bought P3, P3 FES,and will get P3P. Also P4 will also be hitting Vita, another Rerelease/Remake. Same fanbase, not new ones.

Not sure what point you're trying to make. Sales is sales.

Why someone would buy the same game they already own... hold on... Call of Duty :P

'Probably' isn't really evidence. I have none either - barring the anecdotal evidence that 100% of the people I know with the Wii version bought it for the first time. That's me, of course.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.