By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Oh boy , IGN is doing another TOP 100 list - TOP 100 RPGS ALL TIME

Tagged games:

do you like this top 100 bs?

no 74 53.24%

yes 46 33.09%

results 18 12.95%

Total:138
Crono141 said:
Kasz216 said:
Conegamer said:
The higher up Xenoblade is, the happier I'll be.

Expect the top games to be Skyrim, FFVII, Chrono Trigger etc. etc...

I'd kinda be surprised on FF7.  Last IGN list I paid attention to put FFVI over FFVII.

FF7 was quite lower i want to say.

I actually wanna say it ended up third behind both US released SNES final Fantasy games.

To be fair,  FF6 is better than FF7.

*dons flame retardant suit*

I'd agree

Actually thinking about that one lis... I do believe FF4 was ranked above FF6.

Also there were 3 FF games ahead of FF7.  The third being Tactics.

Yeeep

http://top100.ign.com/2005/021-030.html

FF7 way down below at 88

Behind games such as

Chrono Trigger, FF4, FF6, Pokemon Blue,Ultima Black Gate, Shining Force

Of course as time goes on, most of those games likely slip due to well... how to put it... ignorance.  As people who have played them all at time of the release (or at all) become a smaller and smaller percentage of the population.

Hence why P4 is probably so low... a lot less people have played it then you would think.

Around the Network

Pretty good list so far since I hate FF8 I'm glad it ended up pretty low on the list.

seeing persona 4 and FFIX that low in the list is insulting and makes me want to throw my chair halfway across the room

Not going to look at it until the article is out. Then I will prolly only look at top 20 anyways. However it is already bad because FF8 is in the 90s. It should at the least be at top 10. Chances are Mass effect 2 and skyrim will be 1 and 2.

BasilZero said:
NintendoPie said:
If skyrim is number one then this is an obvious bad list.

FF XIII should be number one.

This is why IGN needs NintendoPie, his list makes more sense than what they have themselves!

You speak the truth. I will bring light to that horrid company!

Around the Network
axumblade said:
Conegamer said:
The higher up Xenoblade is, the happier I'll be.

Expect the top games to be Skyrim, FFVII, Chrono Trigger etc. etc...

I WoW to be high on the list too....

Axum... That doesn't really make much sense. :P

twesterm said:
OMG A LIST DOESN'T EXACTLY MATCH MY POERSONAL LIST!?!?!?!!!!!!! BLASHPEMY

Exactly... reading the comments in this thread is making me ill.

FFX at #64..................

Calm down Boutros.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
man-bear-pig said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
man-bear-pig said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
man-bear-pig said:

Is Skyrim #1?

Probably will be xD

Oh, good. If that's the case then this list is fantastic, because skyrim is the  buggyest  game of all time.

fixed

It's not buggy at all for the X360, so I have no complaints.

Lots of african kids are dying without nothing to eat , but i have food on my table , so i have no complaints.

Hitler is killing  jews, i am no jew , so i have nothing to complain about ...

Your comparing games to hitler? You comment doesn't make sense

pezus said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Cue RPG related anything where the list is advertised heavily with FFVII memorabilia but when you open the list the game is put far behind countless RPGs that damn sure do not deserve to be in front of it. UHG!!!

I just find it super annoying that they use FFVII stuff(see Aeris images in the article) to draw in readers and always rob the game blind of it's spotlight. If FFVII is not at least in the top 5 the list automatically become void. And If I see one more article trying to peddle FFVI as somehow way better than VII I will be sick.

FFVI>VII. You just need to let it go

Its so not on so many levels. Whomever posted the list of how GamerConnect Ranks them, I could live with that one. Chrono Trigger actually had some ground breaking stuff going on it it to warrent being put before FFVII, VI just......UHG it doesn't and I just find it so offensive that people try to make it so.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)