By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which of the handheld RPGs (PSP and DS only) is your favorite?

What is your favorite handheld RPG this gen?

The World Ends With You 33 29.46%

Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep 20 17.86%

Radiant Historia 8 7.14%

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky 1 0.89%

Dragon Quest IX 17 15.18%

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together 9 8.04%

Shin Megami TenseI: Devil Survivor 4 3.57%

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable 16 14.29%

Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey 2 1.79%

Dragon Quest V 2 1.79%

Total:112

Chaos Rings 2

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

Birth by sleep best game in the series(yes i have play DDD) followed very closely by TWEWY

How can you not have Pokemon in there? Considering you fit in three games of the same series in there, surely you could've put in BW at least. It is the most popular RPG series ever, you know.
Although, to be honest, DQIX managed to take the crown for me for this generation. Not a comment on how good the Pokemon games were, but DQIX was beyond awesome for me; best DQ since Dragon Warrior III.
Also, I don't see why you'd put DQV there instead of DQIV. Best to exclude remakes as a whole, really.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

1. Kingdom Hearts BBS
2. Radiant Historia
3. Suikoden Tierkrisis (most underrated) 
4. Crisis Core : FF7
5. TWEWY

Persona 3 & DQV would be in the top 3 but counting them isn't fair as they aren't current gen

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:

3. Suikoden Tierkrisis (most underrated) 

...and most misspelled game of the DS/Wii gen. It's Tierkreis (German for zodiac).

OT: Mario and Luigi 3: Bowser's Inside Story, of the ones listed: TWEWY.

Around the Network

Chrono Trigger makes all other games look like crap.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Final Fantasy IV Complete is just Perfection ! there's also Birth by sleep the best of the series on handheld at least, and followed by Crisis Core, there's also a plenty of Rpg's on DS that unluckly I couldn't play..

and Where the hell is Valkyria Chronicles ?!

I voted TWEWY, I had lots of fun with it and I loved its style (plus it's the only one I played from that list).

...Pokemon?

No Chrono Trigger??

Not sure why SMT Devil Survivor is listed.

Tactics Ogre Let Us Cling Together is my favorite game of all time, but unfortunately, not the PSP version.  The changes that were made towards the PSP really messed up the game overall.  Not a terrible game by any means, but not as good as the PSX version.

Wild ARMs XF is my favorite handheld RPG.  It's got its flaws, but being one of the best tactical RPGs in my opinion, it's an amazing introduction to the genre for the Wild ARMs series.

Breath of Fire 3  and Final Fantasy 4 Complete Collection are also the best standard RPGs for handheld.  The best oriiginal RPGs would be Dragon Quest 9 and Brave Story New Traveler.