By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which of the handheld RPGs (PSP and DS only) is your favorite?

What is your favorite handheld RPG this gen?

The World Ends With You 33 29.46%

Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep 20 17.86%

Radiant Historia 8 7.14%

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky 1 0.89%

Dragon Quest IX 17 15.18%

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together 9 8.04%

Shin Megami TenseI: Devil Survivor 4 3.57%

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable 16 14.29%

Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey 2 1.79%

Dragon Quest V 2 1.79%

Total:112

The absolute best to me is Mario and Luigi 3: Bowser's Inside Story

Shocking how funny it is. And considering the lineage, that's such an accomplishment.

Around the Network

The World Ends With You

Love and tolerate.

Golden Sun! =D

Dragon quest IX -> the game is just flawless, the stories were superb, the art direction & music pearless... I can not really express how much I LOVE this game!

second place is tied to: Valkyrie profile: covenant of plume, SMT strange journey, P3P (even though I hate the ending) mario and luigi: bowser's inside story, TWEWY, Radiant story... Too much RPG love!!

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

P3P was a fantastic remake. The visual novel style overhaul actually worked incredibly well for a handheld. I also enjoyed how the female felt like an entirely different character as opposed to a re-skin.

I'd give TWEWY a close second due to being one of the few DS games that actually utilized dual screen gameplay extremely well and came from Square Enix during a period where they rarely released quality titles.

Also where's Bowsers Inside Story?

Around the Network

The remake of Final Fantasy IV. Always been a favourite of mine, and the remake was very well handled, to say the least.

No Crisis Core?

K.

BBS

Of the ones listed... Radiant Historia

What a game!

Most of the times you want to delay the battle just to listen to this

The World Ends With You, End Thread.