By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The original Crysis: still the best looking game ever?

Turkish said:
I disagree, GT5, GoW3, UC3, BF3 on Ultra and Witcher 2 look better.

lol I knew you would be the one to say this haha

Crysis looks amazing!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
pezus said:
brendude13 said:
I think vanilla Crysis has definitely lost some of its shine, I don't think it has the best graphics and I think Crysis 2 looks better (only played on console, PC version downloading now).

As for the mod, most games tend to look better in a small Youtube window, especially with that much motion blur, I'll need to try the mod for myself first.

It's the exact opposite in my experience. Youtube videos have pretty low bitrate.

When I set it to 720p, the windowed video is almost indistinguishable to uncompressed video to me. Most videos I see of games with great graphics don't tend to look as good when I finally see them on a TV / monitor because all the low res textures and low poly models stand out more on the big screen.

swii26 said:
If you don't have it yet, buy Crysis on Steam right now for $4.99 and check it out yourself...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/17300/

i'll buy the game tomorrow! thanks for the link!

I want to see what my new baby can do!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

I can confirm that Crysis 2 PC is sexy and possible the best looking game I've ever seen.

JustThatGamer said:
That's ugly imo, looks nowhere near as good as a CGI film even from 1999. There's way too much motion blur,  low-poly environments, flat foliage, horrible colour desaturation and unrealistic lighting. 
Metro: Last Light is so far the best looking game I've ever seen, check out some gameplay videos of that.

cant say that i agree with you about a great deal of things. but i agree with this... mostly.

i will cross out the parts i disagree with.

Around the Network

pc gaming has never been the same since 2007. Crysis set the bar way too high and is what got me interested in building computers when i was 14 years old. Since then nothing has come out that has made me go, wow, wouldnt it be an experience to play that at highest setting? Now its just free to play games and MMO's that dominate the scene, with one or two impressive gems like metro hidden in there.

Peterisyum said:
pc gaming has never been the same since 2007. Crysis set the bar way too high and is what got me interested in building computers when i was 14 years old. Since then nothing has come out that has made me go, wow, wouldnt it be an experience to play that at highest setting? Now its just free to play games and MMO's that dominate the scene, with one or two impressive gems like metro hidden in there.

I feel exactly the same.

but that's not what it looks like when you're actually playing it..

mM

I thought it was common knowledge that you can't run crysis on ULTRA HIGH.. on any PC.. it's a mod..

mM

Vanilla Crysis maxed out is still one of the best looking games ever made, which is sad considering it's 5 years old. With mods, it's still #1.