By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Even Square Enix Admits The PlayStation Era Was The ‘Golden Age’

Tagged games:

osed125 said:

The SNES was the real golden age of JRPGs imo

I disagree, I find PS1 rpgs a lot better, eventough CT and Terranigma are in the list of my faves.

Around the Network

Silly thread title by the way:

"Even Square Enix Admits The PlayStation Era Was The ‘Golden Age’"

How and why on earth wouldn't Square recognise that the PSX-2 era was the golden one ?

Farsala said:
do not see why they can not do this anymore.

Because that was the peek, what those games achieved was simply not going to work anymore and DID NOT with any other game in the genre.

I mean think outside Final Fantasy, it's not only about FF. There have been "faithfull" games to the gold age but did not achieve much.

It's about the whole genre. In fact Square along with From Software were the only ones that tried to do something different and new this gen.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Trolling is releasing ff XIII-3 before versus, that is trolling !!!

No, saving your trump card for the end of the generation, like XII, is not trolling, it is good business.

Pointless bitching about a game who virtualy know nothing about, deifying it in your head, that is trolling.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

because in this "modern era " they are trowing away every good thing about golden era.

Let's be honest, talk is easy and what you said is totally subjective. the golden had a sh*t load of "things"

it is wishful thinking like " omg release Versus already because it is better than anything else"

very constructive...

Golden Age was 1986-1994 if you ask me.

After that it became about who has more megabytes of storage, polygons per second and biggest E3 presentation.

Around the Network

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Deal With It !!!!

Deal with what ? I already said a couple of times how the genre at this moment is stale.

I think we should take off our blinders and stop pretending as if this is just about FF and the whole genre is doing great.

Yes, the modern era is the worse because the modern era genre is the worse and FF XIII and Demon's Souls are the better parts of it.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

"No, saving your trump card for the end of the generation, like XII, is not trolling, it is good business." i respond this way :

"Let's be honest, talk is easy and what you said is totally subjective"

No, it's not subjective. I just mentioned XII as an example. IX is another. Saving your trump card for the end of the gen is a proven good move.

Deifying a game in your head and constantly saying how it's "the best thing ever" is trolling.

DigitalDevilSummoner said:

No, saving your trump card for the end of the generation, like XII, is not trolling, it is good business.

Pointless bitching about a game who virtualy know nothing about, deifying it in your head, that is trolling.

Actually, based on history I'd argue it's terrible business sense. Since the "Golden era" the last Final Fantasy game released at the end of a generation, regardless of quality, tends to sell worse then the previous games.

FFIX- Good game, sold worse then FFVII and VIII.

FFXII- Again, good game, sold worse than FFX and didn't sell much more then X-2.

This is especially worrying considering overall software sales for the current gen consoles have been dropping.

this is about game golden ages not consoles golden age :S

and its about their games and its golden because its in the middle :D

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

DigitalDevilSummoner said:

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Deal With It !!!!

Deal with what ? I already said a couple of times how the genre at this moment is stale.

I think we should take off our blinders and stop pretending as if this is just about FF and the whole genre is doing great.

Yes, the modern era is the worse because the modern era genre is the worse and FF XIII and Demon's Souls are the better parts of it.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

"No, saving your trump card for the end of the generation, like XII, is not trolling, it is good business." i respond this way :

"Let's be honest, talk is easy and what you said is totally subjective"

No, it's not subjective. I just mentioned XII as an example. IX is another. Saving your trump card for the end of the gen is a proven good move.

Deifying a game in your head and constantly saying how it's "the best thing ever" is trolling.

Empires come and go bro, you don't always stay at the top.

kowenicki said:
so they are admitting they have lost it? well I'm not going to argue with them.

my post above was meant for you