By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - DNC: Anyone watching? Thoughts? (Please keep it civil)

badgenome said:
richardhutnik said:

There is a bit of a difference between Lewinski and banning abortions under every single condition, cutting funding to programs that help women and a dozen other things.  Just because Clinton may of had or has issues, doesn't change GOP policy.

Actually some would say your charge is actually "desperate":

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021300189

If invoking Clinton is a sign of desperation, then the DNC was one huge exercise in desperation.

"Hey guys... remember when I was president? Those were good times, huh? Vote for Obama! (But not really, because I want Hillary to win in 2016.)"

Really, Clinton's entrance into the campaign is why I wish we had a viable third party.

I mean... I'd like a third party candidate or one reporter to just ask him....

"Many people including Obama are blaming the GFC on the repeal of Glass Steagal... not only did this happen on your presidency, but you vocally and adamantly lobied for this legislation.  Was it the cause of the GFC, and if not, why do you think the guy who thinks it was can fix the economy when he doesn't know what caused it to collapse."

It's weird to be argueing for a return to the good old Clinton Days, when the good old Clinton days were the start of the bubble that lead to the GFC.

It's like your old friend telling you you should hang out with his buddy because all those times you had drinking together were way more fun then all those times you spent alone with a hangover.

"I mean, remember that one time we beerbonged vodka, that was totally better then that week you spent in the hospital with alchohol poisoning.  You should totally hang out with my friend... he can get us back there."

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:

It's like your old friend telling you you should hang out with his buddy because all those times you had drinking together were way more fun then all those times you spent alone with a hangover.

That's the perfect analogy. The good old Clinton days were the result of a bubble economy, and the recession is nothing more than a very painful correction. As convenient as it is to blame it all on Bush it's just dosn't hold up to any sort of real scrutiny - although Bush's ownership society initiatives didn't help, but that was really just a continuation of what started way back when with the Community Reinvestment Act. It's just a pitiful nostalgia trip, more worthy of VH1 than a serious political party.

It's pretty rich to watch the Democrats spend decades blaming the inability of poor minorities to get loans they can't ever afford to pay back on racism, and then when they force the banks to make those loans and the whole thing blows up in everyone's face, they rail on the banks' "predatory lending" policies. Because debt slavery is bad, you know, unless it's done at the national level.

richardhutnik said:
Allfreedom99 said:
I still think it is somewhat comical in some senses about the democrats talking about the" Republican's war on women" and yet they had Clinton of all people at their convention. in that sense its a bit ironic.

There is a bit of a difference between Lewinski and banning abortions under every single condition, cutting funding to programs that help women and a dozen other things.  Just because Clinton may of had or has issues, doesn't change GOP policy.

Actually some would say your charge is actually "desperate":

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021300189

in reading the article which...Trying to compare Todd Akin with Paul Ryan? They may have similar policy positions on abortion however trying to tie Akin (whose belief that during a "legitimate rape" the "womens body has ways to shut that whole thing down" regarding impregnating) to the beliefs of most Republicans is just a narrative designed on the left to try to make most Republican politicians seem like extremists. After that incident nearly every single prominent Republican leader in the party condemned his comments and told him to leave the race. I have heard recently his campaign is now out of money.

There is no way even if Republicans gain control of government that all abortions will become illegal. I just simply don't see that ever happening. Even Romney's personal position is for allowing abortions in cases of rape, incest, and life of the mother. The farthest I could ever see any anti-abortion laws going are on certain restrictions of abortions. the vast majority of Americans when polled are completely against abortions once a pregnancy is in the third trimester. As long as most Americans are for allowing abortions in some cases It would be extremely unlikely that even Republicans controlling all of government would go against the will of American people and outlaw all abortions. There are in fact a decent number of Republicans that are not for outlawing abortions in all cases. outlawing all abortions will never happen in American unless the majority of Americans are for that and will therefore elect a majority of politicians who are for that.

I also found it interesting that while Republicans are blamed for the war on women and being "racist" there were still attendees at the DNC wearing things like this....

And This...

Imagine if the Republicans had these at the RNC...We might not hear the end of it on the news.

Biden's best speach ever, Obama could do no wrong, the first lady melted hearts, and the RNC's was the worst convention i'd ever seen.

badgenome said:
Kasz216 said:

That's the perfect analogy. The good old Clinton days were the result of a bubble economy, and the recession is nothing more than a very painful correction. As convenient as it is to blame it all on Bush it's just dosn't hold up to any sort of real scrutiny - although Bush's ownership society initiatives didn't help, but that was really just a continuation of what started way back when with the Community Reinvestment Act. It's just a pitiful nostalgia trip, more worthy of VH1 than a serious political party.

It's pretty rich to watch the Democrats spend decades blaming the inability of poor minorities to get loans they can't ever afford to pay back on racism, and then when they force the banks to make those loans and the whole thing blows up in everyone's face, they rail on the banks' "predatory lending" policies. Because debt slavery is bad, you know, unless it's done at the national level.

See, i blame it on the banks who took what they knew were risky loans and decided to infect the whole system with it. The slowdown would have been much less painful if it weren't for banker greed.

And debt slavery is a bad thing on a national level, but you'll never here America complaining, as it reaps the benefits of such slaves as Argentina

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

I'm not watching. I'm just not into politics,for the simple reason,that there all liars and just tell you want you want to hear. I just can't take any politican seriously. That's why I don't vote,because I could never support are get behind any politican,as I'm just to cynicial.

Mr Khan said:

See, i blame it on the banks who took what they knew were risky loans and decided to infect the whole system with it. The slowdown would have been much less painful if it weren't for banker greed.

And debt slavery is a bad thing on a national level, but you'll never here America complaining, as it reaps the benefits of such slaves as Argentina

Well, that's pretty silly of you to blame the people who are forced to do something and not the people who forced them to do it, to say nothing of the people who took out loans they couldn't afford to buy McMansions or whatever. It was called the subprime lending crisis for a reason. The CRA compelled banks to make a certain percentage of their loans to subprime borrowers, and once they started lowering their lending standards so as to meet this quota, it was only a matter of time before it simply became the way of doing business. So they found a way to make it work for them - until it all went kaput. The bankers aren't entirely innocent, of course, but the origin of the problem was Thomas Sowell's first rule of politics in action.

And I hear America complaining about impending debt slavery all the time. There's just no leadership to actually do anything about it.

More people will not bother to vote this election. Bad sign for Obama, but on the flip side, people will find it very hard to relate to Romney with his elitist background. Gonna be close, but I'm gonna give the edge to Obama.

Why oh why can't more people get onboard with the Libertarian party?

They have the only sane man running, yet the RNC is doing its darndest to get him removed from major states.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

badgenome said:
Mr Khan said:

Well, that's pretty silly of you to blame the people who are forced to do something and not the people who forced them to do it, to say nothing of the people who took out loans they couldn't afford to buy McMansions or whatever. It was called the subprime lending crisis for a reason. The CRA compelled banks to make a certain percentage of their loans to subprime borrowers, and once they started lowering their lending standards so as to meet this quota, it was only a matter of time before it simply became the way of doing business. So they found a way to make it work for them - until it all went kaput. The bankers aren't entirely innocent, of course, but the origin of the problem was Thomas Sowell's first rule of politics in action.

And I hear America complaining about impending debt slavery all the time. There's just no leadership to actually do anything about it.

I mean in terms of lumping so many of the riskier loans into securities in this nebulous derivitives market (the market that is the proof that fiat money has no purpose and that the money men can literally make value from nothing). They knew they were playing with fire and got off scot-free while the economy tumbled. Was it right for them to be forced to make loans under such circumstances? Probably not. Was it right for them to decide to work some sort of financial voodoo on those same iffy loans in an attempt to make a profit and maximize the risk to the entire planet? Definitely yes.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.