By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Hatsune Miku sales prove VITA is a potential goldmine!

Vita will do amazing next yer

ofcourse 49 37.69%

only if they follow advice in OP 29 22.31%

different opinion wich I ... 52 40.00%

Total:130

160k sold in the first few days!

50k VITAs sold!

This proves that there is MASSIVE potential with the VITA! It certainly is not dead, it just need the right games and a good price.

TGS should bring us many more Vita games, possibly a new Monster Hunter and FFX HD releasedate at the end of the year or early next year. Itwill do wonders for VITA.

Next year is where VITA will truly shine though, it will get its first pricecut, 2nd year games and ofcourse, a revision of the Vita hardware.

Around the Network

My copy of Hatsune Miku shipped last week! So excited for the game. ^_^

TEH VITA IS SAVED!!!!

arcane_chaos said:
TEH VITA IS SAVED!!!!

Amen BROTHA!

Definitely a promising sign but let's not get carried away here. The vita sold really well this week but let's see if it can maintain these sales. Sony has to keep a consistent flow of games going and not let the vita just move along like it has done the last few weeks. Tokyo game show will tell us more.

Around the Network

"it just need the right games and a good price" 

As does any system. It'll do better next year I think... I hope.

Oh and let's not get carried away. IMO it didn't sell "very well", it's sold a little over what it should be doing every week. It more than proves that it's not dead though.

FFX HD= Vita will be saved trust me, it needs to release in the next 6 months.

The game was bundle with Vita who is cheering about a new game BEING bundled,

126,000 is a good number but the game has no legs just like the other games had.

50,000 for a spike that will drop to 20,000 then 14,000 again isn't impressive.

You need a long success before we can claim it's not dead.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

Odds of this game landing on 3DS after the publisher saw this sales performance?

Turkish said:

160k sold in the first few days!

50k VITAs sold!

This proves that there is MASSIVE potential with the VITA! It certainly is not dead, it just need the right games and a good price.

TGS should bring us many more Vita games, possibly a new Monster Hunter and FFX HD releasedate at the end of the year or early next year. Itwill do wonders for VITA.

Next year is where VITA will truly shine though, it will get its first pricecut, 2nd year games and ofcourse, a revision of the Vita hardware.

Why do you say a revision to the hardware. What could Sony possibly do to change the hardware? I believe the price cut will happen around E3 or Gamescom 2013 though.