By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Metroid Other M any good?

Tagged games:

Should RedInker buy Metroid Other M?

Yep! 79 72.48%

Nah 27 24.77%

Total:106

It´s an amazing game

Around the Network

The story sucks IMO but the gameplay itself is really fun, I say you should get it

Nintendo and PC gamer

Story sucks.

Gameplay sucks.

Controls suck.

Writing sucks.

Characters suck.

Voice acting suck.

Stay as far away from this catastrophe as possible. One of the most disappointing games I've ever played.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Nope. Not even if you get paid to play it.

I agree with the comments saying its a weak metroid game, but a fine stand alone game. And yes, like other ppl said, Super Metroid is probably the best choice to introduce yourself to the franchise.

BUT if you start playing Metroid with Other M, the advantage is that you can only go up from there after this one if you choose to play other games. If your satisfied with this game you know that you will love the other games. (Except for Hunters. Metroid Hunters is by far the weakest Metroid game IMO)

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Around the Network

Go ahead and get it. The game is really good, but I guess everybody has a different taste.

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Yes, I really like Metroid Other M. The game is very good, however, if you're really big into Samus story, you'll be irritated and the controls work just fine, but they would have been better if normal wiimote/nunchuk. But it does function just fine and the overall game is very good.

Seems to be quite a divide in opinion on the game. Think I may get some Wii points too so I can download super Metroid. For a tenner I think its worth a gamble. If I dont like it, it wont be the end of the world.

RedInker said:
Seems to be quite a divide in opinion on the game. Think I may get some Wii points too so I can download super Metroid. For a tenner I think its worth a gamble. If I dont like it, it wont be the end of the world.

While some people like Other M, I would rather attempt walking through a moving airplane propeller than play it again.  I suggest skipping Other M and getting the Prime trilogy later if you like Super Metroid.  

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

It's a terrible game, do yourself a favor and avoid it.

I'll spare you the seminar on its distasteful sexual politics, but that aside, the story is just riddled with inconsistencies, plot holes, moronic characters, bad dialogue, weak voice acting and cliche plot points, and it reduces Samus to a insecure little girl. In short, the story's horrid.

The badness doesn't stop there either. The controls are awkward, (D-Pad movement in 3D brings back the early days of the PS1, and not in a good way) the camera is often frustrating, and it's design is significantly dumbed down from the Prime games, without any of the clever structuring or polish of Retro's trilogy.