By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U Zelda coming in 2014, will be biggest Zelda game ever! (Exclusive details from trusty source!)

AlphaCielago said:
And so it begins, even if this is fake, I won't be able to make it with all rumors and what-not. 2 years is quite a short amount of time, if they have come this far, heck they won't make it through 2014 if this turns out to be true.

Not sure where you got two years from... the source suggests it started in 2010 and will release in 2014.

If it's true that this source broke Miiverse and Wii U Achievements, then this one actually has a shot at being true.  However, both of those previous two could easily have been educated guesses--many people were already predicting similar things.  So we'll see.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network
Corey said:
That zelda footage released a while ago for the wiiu looked awesome. This game will be great for all the Zelda fans.

"He added, “The Wii U Zelda stuff you saw at E3 2011 was just a tech demo, nothing else. I’ve seen none of that in the real game. The tech demo was even made by an entirely different team with an older engine”."

If its really planned as early 2014 game, we'll be dropped teasers by next E3. I really like Skyward Sword visuals, so in HD with higher detail is still all good. Though I like the idea of sword play, a lot of the rest of the controls were bad, so going back to classic controls with Gamepad will likely be a good thing, but if it turns out false and the screen is simply sitting on a stand in front of you as a specialized and uniquely changing menu/map screen where it interacts with a wiimote... that's still good too.

Yeah I'm turned off by the "same style as Skyward Sword" part. It will be more of the same in how this goes: Most people want an epic Zelda with OoT / TP like style (go to somewhere other than a gaming message board and you will realize only a handful of people actually likes the cartoon style) and what we'll get is kiddy Zelda with cartoon graphics, even less focus on an open world and "a lot of great puzzles we put in with Aonuma's son in mind!"... but this time with a huge budget!

Sorry but after Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks and Skyward Sword I'm skeptical. These games were all good but they were no Zelda games. They were puzzle solving games with Zelda stuff slapped on them. Just give Aonuma a new IP to make and keep the Zelda games Zelda-ish.

What I like: Same art style as SS. What is the point of having a powerful hardware if your games use only colors like back, red, brown and gray?

What I dislike: No mention to the Wii Remote. If Nintendo wants me to press a button to slash the Master Sword the new will have no value to me so I will buy it only when its price drops to U$ 20.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Sounds believable, but also worrisome.

It will reduce the number of games Nintendo can make which will cripple the momentum of their console.

But the puzzles! Think of the puzzles! It will be so cool to beat this totally linear, non-open, cartoonish game knowing 300 people were needed to implement all the "HINT: MOVE BLOCK" help messages throughout the game!

thekitchensink said:
AlphaCielago said:
And so it begins, even if this is fake, I won't be able to make it with all rumors and what-not. 2 years is quite a short amount of time, if they have come this far, heck they won't make it through 2014 if this turns out to be true.

Not sure where you got two years from... the source suggests it started in 2010 and will release in 2014.

If it's true that this source broke Miiverse and Wii U Achievements, then this one actually has a shot at being true.  However, both of those previous two could easily have been educated guesses--many people were already predicting similar things.  So we'll see.

They have been working with the game in 2 years.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

So... unless they plan to make us swing the Wii U tablet, it seems like we are back to controlling the sword with buttons? I know that they said they can't imagine going back to button controls following Skyward Sword, but I can't imagine switching from Wii remote/nunchuck to tablet continuously.

If they do go with button controls, I would be happy though.

forest dungeon as big as OoT's hyrule field ?

Don't overdo it... Twilight Princess areas were bigger than they should.

Other than that, no way a Zelda game could go wrong in a million years. WIth the gamepad... I can't even imagine what the Zelda team is capable of.