Tagged games:

2D or 3D Zelda?!

2D is more hardcore! 15 29.41%

3D is prettier! 27 52.94%

As long as I can date Zelda... 9 17.65%

Total:51
Lusche said:
2nd pic isnt working here :(

To be honest I like both ... oot and alttp were both great.
But I don't think a 2D zelda will sell nowadays.

It isn't? Well, it's a pic from OoT anyway... Anyone else having problems with one of the pictures?!

Yeah, after reading your comment I had to edit the OP, and I have to agree with you: I don't think 2D Zelda could push the kind of numbers as 3D Zelda does - not nowadays.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
KungKras said:
3D
Only it should be a natural evolution of Ocarina of Time and not weird like the 3D zeldas that came after it.
Maybe have a 2D series on the side.

How do you think WW, TP and SS to be weird? And what would you like to change =)

DRAE_nmhar said:
My first Zelda game was Twilight Princess on the Wii, since then I became a Zelda fan and pretty much played every 3D Zelda game. I would love to start playing the 2D Zelda games starting with Link To The Past. I'll have an opinion about this topic when I finish a 2D Zelda game.

haha then you better get started :D

DanneSandin said:

It isn't? Well, it's a pic from OoT anyway... Anyone else having problems with one of the pictures?!

I get:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /newsimg/zelda-ocarina-of-time-3d-features-new-boss-challenge-mode.jpg on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I want both. 3D Mario and 2D Mario are fundamentally different. Same with Zelda.

Give me both.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

I like both. What I don't understand is the idea that 2D Zelda can't sell. Remember Phantom Hourglass anybody?

Love and tolerate.

Both of them are awesome but if I had to choose one, I'd choose 3D. There's just something about the 3D games that suck me in more than the 2D games ever could. I feel like I'm not just playing a game. I feel like I'm in Hyrule. I can look across the plains and see Death Mountain in the distance. I can get a grasp of how big a towering boss is supposed to be. There's just some things that can't be conveyed in 2D.

Even the puzzles that are great in 2D can be done in 3D just as well. And Epona is a 3D horse.
'
3D > 2D

Can't I have both?

To the sales again ...
A 2D one might sell, but not for $60 I think ...
If they make a 2D one and make it DL in the store and sell it for like $10-25 it will sell great I guess

Lusche said:

To the sales again ...
A 2D one might sell, but not for $60 I think ...
If they make a 2D one and make it DL in the store and sell it for like $10-25 it will sell great I guess

People said the same about 2D Mario.

We will only know if they will try.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)