By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - How do you feel about the performance of the VGChartz mod team?

How is the VGChartz mod team doing?

It's doing a great job. 299 32.97%

It's doing okay. 143 15.77%

It's not doing well. 432 47.63%

Total:874
spurgeonryan said:
Ban this thread. It just causes drama and people to post crazy stuff on my wall. And it atrracks spambots. This thread has run its course. We all know that ( besides the tyrant GoneyC) the mod team we currently have is way better than anything we had with Machina and whoever was before him. There is no need to tell what we think of the mod team anymore, and to be honest, this has not even been about what we think of the mod team for a long time. It has been about bans. We had a thread for this with NFG I believe. So unless this gets on topic again and starts talking about what we think about the mods, I say it should be locked.

You keep mentioning comments like this and I don't like it, or understand why. Do you have any reasons for this?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Conegamer said:
spurgeonryan said:
Ban this thread. It just causes drama and people to post crazy stuff on my wall. And it atrracks spambots. This thread has run its course. We all know that ( besides the tyrant GoneyC) the mod team we currently have is way better than anything we had with Machina and whoever was before him. There is no need to tell what we think of the mod team anymore, and to be honest, this has not even been about what we think of the mod team for a long time. It has been about bans. We had a thread for this with NFG I believe. So unless this gets on topic again and starts talking about what we think about the mods, I say it should be locked.

You keep mentioning comments like this and I don't like it, or understand why. Do you have any reasons for this?

Your always so serious. I am an extreme person Mr. Weller, I eat hotdogs with Mayonaise, I horde paperwork, and I post stuff on this site. When I say tyrant to you or anything else to anyone else that seems horrible like that I am just messing around with you. I thought you would have known that. But I see you defriended me, so I guess I have hurt you.

I apologize.

Maybe I'm just hurt about not getting the US Open thread

Don't worry about it Mr. Spurgeon. I do agree with a lot of what you say, actually. But deleting this thread would cause more problems than leaving it open.

Ka-pi96 said:
spurgeonryan said:

But talking about bans is on topic. The thread isn't about whether we like the mods or not it is about their performance, which is directly related to the bans they hand out.

Contrary to popular belief, we don't have minimum ban quotas

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Spam replaced by MAXIMUM KAWAII

Miguel_Zorro said:
starcraft said:

I made an error, as humans are prone to doing, and apologised to you for it. Beyond that, there are at least as many compliments to my form of moderation in this thread as there are insults (and Cone has already pointed out which ones you're more likely to get). What do you consider a the definition of an 'unfit' mod to be? Again, I have apologised - beyond that I just don't see what I can offer you. Aside from unilaterally declaring that for the hundreds of moderations I have made without incident, I am an appalling mod for the handful that people (normally the banned party) have complained about and the *one* that has been overturned.
You said you'd like to drop this, I don't understand why this didn't occur a while ago. However, my genuine question (as ultimately this thread is about feedback and improvement) is, assuming that this happens again (with me, or any other mod or user), how best do you think we can deal with it when its determined a mod has made an error in judgement? Clearly you were not placated by an apology and reversal - what other options should we be looking at?

I think one issue is that when a moderation is overtuned, it isn't actually removed from Mod History.  There's just another note added.

I'd agree with you there. Unfortunately that is a site coding issue (i.e. Not something we as moderaters can change, to the best of my knowledge).

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
dragonnest88 said:

Spam replaced by MAXIMUM KAWAII

Hehe... Mods should do this more often when it comes to removing alts and spambots posts! I like it!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

This comment was edited after the issue was resolved.

A few weeks ago Sony said "We have sold 10 million PS4" 

weeks later vgs know Chartz puts 9.9 million. 

yesterday VGChartz says PS4 145,000 sold worldwide. 

So ... i do not understand why VGChartz only puts 9.9 million when its 10.1 million now .. 

bad, very very bad :P

cheryl said:

So ... i do not understand why VGChartz only puts 9.9 million when its 10.1 million now .. 

What Ka-Pi said. Good stuff as usual Ka-Pi! 

cheryl said:

ioi already talked about this.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6598658

He knows that the ps4 is undertracked, he just doesnt know which territories specifically are undertracked.  As soon as he figures our what territories are undertracked the numbers will be adjusted, until then just realize that they are undertracked and they are working on it.