By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If Halo 3 couldn't stop the Wii....

I'm sure as hell nothing will!!!! I mean. that was probably the most anticipated game of all time!!!!! New flavors, Tv spots, News reports on it. AND IT STILL COULDN'T STOP WII!!!! I really don't think Gta4 will stop it either!!( This may be the Ps3's biggest game of 2008 and 360's 2nd biggest game of its lifespan.) Nintendo really surprised me! do you guys think that gta4 will slow down Wii sales? (i don't think it will have no effect actually! the only console that could possibly catch up to the Wii when gta4 releases is the Ps3. ) discuss!!

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius
Around the Network

how would halo 3 affect the sales of the wii?

No way. GTA 4 won't make people stop buying Wiis, specially with Mario kart and Wii fit released around the same date.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

nothing will slow wii sales unless nintendo starts making shitty ass filled games

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Anyone who expects a single game to stop another console from selling madly is an idiot... wow

Around the Network

Halo 3 was exactly like Halo 2, and Halo 2 didn't turn the Xbox into the leading console, so why would Halo 3. That said, the 360 is set to sell considerably more than the original box.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

the wii doesnt stand a chance in the week its released

people hyped halo 3 into high heaven, and lots said it would be the end of the Wii. but i see that was all the way wrong!!!!! (even Cnn was crazy over it! i wonder what Bill O' Reilly had to say about it!!

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius

I think he means could a game swing people to buy a PS3 or 360 instead of a Wii.

If so then the answer's obviously no given the different demographic and brand image of the Wii now.

Unless Sony or MS manage to adjust their consoles perception massively neither I think can affect Wii at this point.

Of the two based on overall brand image Sony has a much better chance than MS.

Right now MS would need an almost 360 degree change of image to hope to impact Wii sales and customers.

MHO anyway.

BTW I've got to find time to get an avatar up and fill out my profile. Just found the site recently and joined seeing as it seemed to have a pretty good set of posts with minimal (and controlled) fanboy ranting.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

I think a $49 PS3 could stop the Wii :P Likely to happen? I'd put money on No for that one :P But could it stop it? I think so :P

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.