By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If Halo 3 couldn't stop the Wii....

daactualfact said:
I'm sure as hell nothing will!!!! I mean. that was probably the most anticipated game of all time!!!!! New flavors, Tv spots, News reports on it. AND IT STILL COULDN'T STOP WII!!!! I really don't think Gta4 will stop it either!!( This may be the Ps3's biggest game of 2008 and 360's 2nd biggest game of its lifespan.) Nintendo really surprised me! do you guys think that gta4 will slow down Wii sales? (i don't think it will have no effect actually! the only console that could possibly catch up to the Wii when gta4 releases is the Ps3. ) discuss!!
what r u a wii fanboy? i'm sure lots of people here r....  dont get me wrong wii is really good. 
xbox 360
u.s:10.52
japan:0.56
other:5.4
wii:
u.s:4.94
japan:8.71
other:6.29
but u people keep on saying halo 3 n gta iv cant stop the wii sales...... mate 1st look at the hardware sales worldwide!!! if u look the xbox 360 in japan is the big reason that xbox 360 is behind the sales of wii. it only sold around 500,000 units in  japan. as we all know japanese people are goin to support japanese products such as wii or the ps3. right now in japan the wii is no.1 n its not gonna support the xbox 360.
yes the wii is fun n have some great games - mario, zelda..... but if it wasn't for the poor sales for the xbox 360 in japan wii would be behind the xbox 360. n 360 would be no.1

Around the Network

What the whole POINT of stopping wii?

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

sorry i 4got 2 say is

ask yourself is the xbox 360 that bad that sales in japan only comes to 0.56?

seriously the 360 cant be that bad for poor japan sales, right? japan is what xbox needs to focus alot of it attention

Wii was supply constrined last week Badonkadonkhr

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

RolStoppable said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

Wii still sold more units than either the 360 or PS3. Apparently there have been adjustments to previous weeks, that's why the PS3 has increased the most, not because it outsold its competition.

True enough, but if there hadn't been constraints it would have blown the doors off the PS3 and 360 and easily passed 20 million, Nintey has to up production 1.8 a month just isn't enough

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
RolStoppable said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

Wii still sold more units than either the 360 or PS3. Apparently there have been adjustments to previous weeks, that's why the PS3 has increased the most, not because it outsold its competition.

True enough, but if there hadn't been constraints it would have blown the doors off the PS3 and 360 and easily passed 20 million, Nintey has to up production 1.8 a month just isn't enough

Yeah, yeah, I get it. The Wii is always supply constrained.

I have lost faith in Nintendo's factories and their future

RolStoppable said:
CrazzyMan said:
What the whole POINT of stopping wii?

Exactly, it's impossible.

possible, nintendo just needs to stop making them. :P

@jjjackpot, THERE IS NOTHING, what could make Japanese to go for x360, FFXIII exclusive released on x360? I doubt, that would help. Lost odyssey bombed. Tough with 5 mln. x360 it would definetely reach 700k-1 mln.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

RolStoppable said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
RolStoppable said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
RolStoppable said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

Yeah, yeah, I get it. The Wii is always supply constrained.

I have lost faith in Nintendo's factories and their future

I think this whole conversation should be considered as a joke.

Everything excpet Nintendo needing to up their production, that is serious

@RolStoppable
Not only the Wii is always supply constrained, everything that sells underperformed is supply constrained. This is the holy dogma of this forum.

RolStoppable said:
chancheung said:
@RolStoppable
Not only the Wii is always supply constrained, everything that sells underperformed is supply constrained. This is the holy dogma of this forum.

I always had the impression that the holy dogma of this forum is sarcasm^2...

Nah, that's merely the rhetoric of the forum