By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii U will outsell PS4 or 720 by 40 million units. Prove me wrong.

I don't see the Wii U doing anywhere near as well as the Wii in America, due to lack of softcore gamer hype. As much as it's a cliche at this point the grandmas and "tweens" (yuck I hate that phrase) would rather spend their money on stupid Apple products. Also core gamers won't want to pay $250 to play games they can already get on PS3 or X360 (Mass Effect, Darksiders, Assasin's Creed, Batman, Aliens, Black Ops II, or even Ninja Gaiden 3 will have already been available on other 7th gen HD consoles or will launch simultaneously.) Nintendo exclusives will probably keep the console slightly succesful in America. I also don't see Japan really buying a lot of Wii U's, I was under the impression that alot of their gaming dollars went towards handhelds plus the fact that they've been going through a recession for like the last twenty years now.

Around the Network

Too early to know anything about how the next generation will be.

My personal guess it's that it will do like the 360 and PS3 this gen, maybe more, simple because the Wii U does not attract the casual gamers like the Wii did

Nintendo and PC gamer

I think it depends on whether or not all the soccer moms/women that bought a Wii for Wii Sports/Fit come back to the Wii. My personal feeling on this in the long term is "no", not happening. This audience is now happy with the iPad/iOS devices they have and the $1-$2 app software model, "Wii" as a brand is yesterdays news to them. 

Mario + Mario Kart isn't going to carry Nintendo to 100+ million units.

Maybe Wii U takes off in Japan, but even Wii really did not take off in Japan after that first year craze. Do the Japanese even want a console anymore? Seems like 3DS/PSP have filled that need for them. 

The demographic that they really need is that non-gamer/women demo, and I think a lot of them either have moved on or simply aren't interested in the "upgrade to a new system!" model. Wii was fun for them for what it was and it had its moment in 2006-08, but I think a lot of these folks have moved on.

That leaves hardcore gamers, and I don't see many of them abandoning MS/Sony for what Nintendo is offering -- a bunch of PS3/360 ports and one Zombi game exclusive. For Nintendo to seriously compete against MS/Sony here, they'd have to roll out huge dollars to secure something like GTAV as exclusive and then have a gaurunteed stream of core content 12 months of the year to go with that. Realistically that's what it would take IMO to gain a chunk of that audience. 

My feeling is 45-65 million (SNES-NES range).

115 million? I don't think so. Probably something between 80 and 100 million.

Around the Network

you see, this is how you do funny

Let me just build a time machine and I'll get back to you on that one.

way too many joke threads today

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

SaviorX said:

Really?

Eye Toy Play was my first opportunity to film my hot neighbour by hooking up my PS2 to a VHS recorder.

14 years old I was.

Dat tities bouncing, I remember it so clearly. The best game I've ever had. Provided high quality fap material.

gigity

Valid prediction.

If the Wii U and the tablet controller thing can do as good as the Wii motion control then it could take over by storm again. Meanwhile if MS and Sony do a rehash of their old console and dont really do much but graphics then they probably will not do as well this time around. Of course we do not know what any of them will do in the future, so idk.