By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii U will outsell PS4 or 720 by 40 million units. Prove me wrong.

Wii U won't even sell 40 million units. Prove me wrong.

Around the Network
biggamejames79 said:
SaviorX said:

Welcome to VGChartz BTW (assuming you are a new user).

PS3 had every single major 3rd party game you could possibly imagine in Japan in addition to 1st party Sony titles.

Think about that.......

Its been 6 years and has yet to sell 9 million units there. Even worse, titles that push Playstations like Final Fantasy are on the decline due to quality issues.

If the PS3 could not succeed there despite Blu-Ray format, complete 3rd party support, and the strongest graphics of the gen, what more could they possibly do? Sony's first party vision isn't even concerned with Japan as it appears; their titles have become more artistic and aesthetically  focused than ever. I don't see anything besides Gran Turismo itself that will sell more than 1.15 million  over there, and we all know that won't be there for launch. Naughty Dog, Santa Monica, and Media Molecule are the only studios they have capable releasing AAA titles on time anyways.

PS3 launch price is cited as a major reason for its sales issues, but if we expect PS4 to be a GENERATION above the ~$300 Wii U, how much do you think its gonna cost? If they try anything above $400 they are gonna get hardware sales even worse than they did for PS3 in Japan.

Power is really the only option, because there will be ~18 months where Wii U is by itself collecting marketshare. None of the PS4/720 games will look better than 1st  party Wii U games during at least the first 3 months of their respective launches. Who will have something multiplatform built from the ground up that womps PS3 graphics at the PS4 launch? Introduce me to this man so I can shake his hand. In the meantime, the Wii U will have 1  version of at least all major annual sports games in addition to several ports of critically acclaimed titles.

The bolded part above has me laughing so hard I'm crying!  I liked ZombiU, but compared to Killzone SF or Ryse, it looks like last gen.  The PS3 could have ran ZombiU and it probably would have looked even better.

There was so much optimism on the Wii's successor, and even though I like the Wii and Wii U, those who said the motion controls of the Wii were a fad have been proved right.  Nintendo still has a lot of great first party games, but the majority of the Wii's sales weren't by people who really like to play video games all the time, hence all the youtube videos of older people flinging their Wiimotes into walls and TV's.  Selling to the majority casual crowd was a good business decision in the 7th Gen, but the Wii U gamepad function just isn't hitting with the casual gimick loving crowd.

Gamers are voting with their wallets, PS4 is the choice right now.

since when is zombi U a nintendo first party? and no ps4 xone exclusive really look better than mk8, so it was kinda true.

bolded: when? answer: never, motion controls were great and still deliver the definitive controls for certain genres, including fps.

bananaking21 said:
leyendax69 said:
There were a ton a people thinking wii u would win by a huge margin... oh, that was an amazing read.

it was. but then knack changed everything. 

Knack, the reason of Playstation 4 domination. We love you Knack!

Once you entered you won't be the same anymore. A blog about life.

http://seetheworlddifferent.wordpress.com/

oniyide said:
Madword said:
The biggest loser this time around will definitely be Nintendo, they have positioned themselves in such a place that there is very little likelihood of being rescued by 3rd parties... it's like this year feels like the last two or three years of the wii.

To be honest I had big fears about Nintendo way before September 2012, it was pretty obvious they had made some massive marketing/model mistakes, so it is quite funny some of the original predictions :)

thats pretty dark

Yeah I really do think the wii-u is in serious trouble and will have trouble raising its game, even when Nintendo's big games come along. It's amazing how quick the gaming market can change and unfortuantely Nintendo have not learnt the lessons of the wii (though it was a massive success there were obvious signs they needed to sort stuff out such as their whole online experience and 3rd party support...etc etc).

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Madword said:
oniyide said:
Madword said:
The biggest loser this time around will definitely be Nintendo, they have positioned themselves in such a place that there is very little likelihood of being rescued by 3rd parties... it's like this year feels like the last two or three years of the wii.

To be honest I had big fears about Nintendo way before September 2012, it was pretty obvious they had made some massive marketing/model mistakes, so it is quite funny some of the original predictions :)

thats pretty dark

Yeah I really do think the wii-u is in serious trouble and will have trouble raising its game, even when Nintendo's big games come along. It's amazing how quick the gaming market can change and unfortuantely Nintendo have not learnt the lessons of the wii (though it was a massive success there were obvious signs they needed to sort stuff out such as their whole online experience and 3rd party support...etc etc).

they were drunk on their motion craze money to give a crap about things like online, HD and 3rd party(to be fair they did have some games early on) so its kind of hard to feel sympathy.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
Seece said:

Ouch, waaay off base :P gonna be a 60m+ gap in PS4 favour!

Indeed. Truly this was not my best prediction I've ever made. 

Unfortunately (as I'm sure you'd agree with) it's also not my worse.

It's cool, I don't think many predicted the WiiU to do as badly as it is.

Seece said:
Conegamer said:
Seece said:

not even people who dont like Nintendo thought it would do this badly. Hasnt even passed Vita yet

FarleyMcFirefly said:

Love that pic of Yuga, did you do that on your own?

Heh, no way. I can hardly draw a good looking picture of a cat.

oniyide said:
Seece said:
Conegamer said:
Seece said:

not even people who dont like Nintendo thought it would do this badly. Hasnt even passed Vita yet

I think you would have been banned if you predicted the Wii U sales correctly...

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Zero999 said:
biggamejames79 said:

The bolded part above has me laughing so hard I'm crying!  I liked ZombiU, but compared to Killzone SF or Ryse, it looks like last gen.  The PS3 could have ran ZombiU and it probably would have looked even better.

There was so much optimism on the Wii's successor, and even though I like the Wii and Wii U, those who said the motion controls of the Wii were a fad have been proved right.  Nintendo still has a lot of great first party games, but the majority of the Wii's sales weren't by people who really like to play video games all the time, hence all the youtube videos of older people flinging their Wiimotes into walls and TV's.  Selling to the majority casual crowd was a good business decision in the 7th Gen, but the Wii U gamepad function just isn't hitting with the casual gimick loving crowd.

Gamers are voting with their wallets, PS4 is the choice right now.

since when is zombi U a nintendo first party? and no ps4 xone exclusive really look better than mk8, so it was kinda true.

bolded: when? answer: never, motion controls were great and still deliver the definitive controls for certain genres, including fps.

Oh my. Don't ever change Zero.

I admire your steadfastness if that's a word.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.