Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What's up with the NSMB2 numbers for US and EU? EDIT: predict the sales of NSMB2 for this year!

Tagged games:

TruckOSaurus said:
pezus said:
It's pretty weak compared to the Wii game, but it's slightly better than the DS game (even though I expect it to fall behind relatively quickly).

Part of the answer would be that the Wii game release in November on a console with a higher userbase.

Oh, yeah. I was going to mention that but forgot to add it in.



Around the Network
BasilZero said:
d21lewis said:
How were SM3D Land's legs? Do we consider it a 2D or a 3D Mario?


http://www.vgchartz.com/tools/game_comparison.php?reg=Global&ending=Cumulative&game%5B%5D=New+Super+Mario+Bros.+2+%283DS%29+%5B70735%5D&game%5B%5D=Super+Mario+3D+Land+%283DS%29+%5B50395%5D&game%5B%5D=&game%5B%5D=

NSMB2 will outleg SM3DLand easily. Notice that 3DLand launched in the holiday season



d21lewis said:
How were SM3D Land's legs? Do we consider it a 2D or a 3D Mario?

It's a 2D-Mario in terms of sales, or at least quite close to it. It's matching the legs of MK7, which is the only series that has ever managed to match 2D Mario's legs.

It probably won't quite reach 2D Mario levels in the end, but 15 million doesn't seem far fetched.



How does the eshop work now? I was thinking of downloading the game since I'm lazy. But I don't want it tied down to my 3DS, and would I have to buy a bigger memory card? (I still use the 2 gig that came with the 3DS)



It's sales info atm states 1.1million sales with no sales in the states, vgcharts front page shows it sold nearly 200k units there first week so I mean you're talking around 1.3million units after 3 weeks of being out in Europe and first week in the states on a system with a 20m user base. that is not bad at all by any standards.



Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

Around the Network
darkknightkryta said:
How does the eshop work now? I was thinking of downloading the game since I'm lazy. But I don't want it tied down to my 3DS, and would I have to buy a bigger memory card? (I still use the 2 gig that came with the 3DS)


It's a pretty small download but then, 2GB is a pretty small amount of space.  Plus, it would only be playable on the system it's purchased for.  No account sharing of any kind on the 3DS (unless you transfer all of your data to a new system).  So, it sounds like retail is the way to go.  Plus, Mario games retain value like no other.  I'd lost my copy of NSMB for the DS and replaced it.  Right before NSMB2 came out, I found my original copy.  Traded it in at Gamestop and got $20 for it (towards NSMB2).



mZuzek loves to pre-order

d21lewis said:
darkknightkryta said:
How does the eshop work now? I was thinking of downloading the game since I'm lazy. But I don't want it tied down to my 3DS, and would I have to buy a bigger memory card? (I still use the 2 gig that came with the 3DS)


It's a pretty small download but then, 2GB is a pretty small amount of space.  Plus, it would only be playable on the system it's purchased for.  No account sharing of any kind on the 3DS (unless you transfer all of your data to a new system).  So, it sounds like retail is the way to go.  Plus, Mario games retain value like no other.  I'd lost my copy of NSMB for the DS and replaced it.  Right before NSMB2 came out, I found my original copy.  Traded it in at Gamestop and got $20 for it (towards NSMB2).

But I'm soo lazy.  Wanna mail me your copy and I mail you money?



darkknightkryta said:
d21lewis said:
darkknightkryta said:
How does the eshop work now? I was thinking of downloading the game since I'm lazy. But I don't want it tied down to my 3DS, and would I have to buy a bigger memory card? (I still use the 2 gig that came with the 3DS)


It's a pretty small download but then, 2GB is a pretty small amount of space.  Plus, it would only be playable on the system it's purchased for.  No account sharing of any kind on the 3DS (unless you transfer all of your data to a new system).  So, it sounds like retail is the way to go.  Plus, Mario games retain value like no other.  I'd lost my copy of NSMB for the DS and replaced it.  Right before NSMB2 came out, I found my original copy.  Traded it in at Gamestop and got $20 for it (towards NSMB2).

But I'm soo lazy.  Wanna mail me your copy and I mail you money?

Mail me the money, first.  Just know that the mail system is an unreliable and unpredictable beast and things tend to get lost all the time.  I wouldn't be surprised if I claim to never get the money or if I claim to have mailed the game and you never get it.



mZuzek loves to pre-order

darkknightkryta said:
d21lewis said:
darkknightkryta said:
How does the eshop work now? I was thinking of downloading the game since I'm lazy. But I don't want it tied down to my 3DS, and would I have to buy a bigger memory card? (I still use the 2 gig that came with the 3DS)


It's a pretty small download but then, 2GB is a pretty small amount of space.  Plus, it would only be playable on the system it's purchased for.  No account sharing of any kind on the 3DS (unless you transfer all of your data to a new system).  So, it sounds like retail is the way to go.  Plus, Mario games retain value like no other.  I'd lost my copy of NSMB for the DS and replaced it.  Right before NSMB2 came out, I found my original copy.  Traded it in at Gamestop and got $20 for it (towards NSMB2).

But I'm soo lazy.  Wanna mail me your copy and I mail you money?


it would take me more effort to post a letter than to get to gamestop here... the Post office is further away. Also the town is small I could almost have gotten to a shop where I could buy this game in the time this post took.



Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

spurgeonryan said:
It is surprising that even with the launch of the XL we have these numbers. Now I know how sony gamers feel with vita numbers. That is not a jab at them. I am talking about digital sales. The west love their ipads and high powered cell phones and in America at least we got a midnight opening. On this site a bunch of people downloaded at midnight. At least they said they did in the nintendo news thread. I think the download percentage will be much higher in the west even though we are a culture of hoarders and love to buy objects and store them in our bathrooms.

But I wouldn't expect the digital sales to be more than 15% of the over all sales. More like 10% I'd guess



I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.