By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What's up with the NSMB2 numbers for US and EU? EDIT: predict the sales of NSMB2 for this year!

Tagged games:

spurgeonryan said:
DanneSandin said:
spurgeonryan said:
It is surprising that even with the launch of the XL we have these numbers. Now I know how sony gamers feel with vita numbers. That is not a jab at them. I am talking about digital sales. The west love their ipads and high powered cell phones and in America at least we got a midnight opening. On this site a bunch of people downloaded at midnight. At least they said they did in the nintendo news thread. I think the download percentage will be much higher in the west even though we are a culture of hoarders and love to buy objects and store them in our bathrooms.

But I wouldn't expect the digital sales to be more than 15% of the over all sales. More like 10% I'd guess

I would expect them to be close to double, if not more, than whatever Japans were. Did it release at Midnight in Japan?

I think Japan DD was 5% - that's why I think western DD will be around 10%. and I have no clue if it was a midnight release in  Japan :P

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
darkknightkryta said:
How does the eshop work now? I was thinking of downloading the game since I'm lazy. But I don't want it tied down to my 3DS, and would I have to buy a bigger memory card? (I still use the 2 gig that came with the 3DS)

NSMB2 is between 0.3 and 0.4 GB, so it shouldn't take up too much space.

Love and tolerate.

I think NSMB2 will sell 4 or so million this year worldwide, and will end up being outsold by the first two "New" games. Still, that will make it potentially one of the top 10 selling games of the year, and definitely the best selling 3DS game. Heck, it might even be more than the top ten new Vita games of 2012 combined.

Love and tolerate.

pezus said:
6m sounds okay. Perhaps 5-6

Basically it will outsale uncharted 3.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

I haven't seen a single ad for the game outside of news articles that specifically say 'here's the ad for NSMB2'. That probably factors in. I expected a huge campaign alongside the launch of the 3DS XL, but I guess not...

I think the holidays will be very good to this game, though. 6 to 6.5 million worldwide by the end of the year.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

Prediction: 6.5mil.
LT: 23mil

Never doubt the selling power of Mario. The graph speaks for itself really:

Global Game Comparisons050100150200250300Week0M5M10M15M20M25M30MCumulative UnitsNew Super Mario Bros. (DS)New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Wii)New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)

Sure, it may be a biiiiiiiiiiiit under ATM, but we should really see how it shapes up in a year's time.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

If it already has 1.1m worldwide, its going to have 7.4m before the end of the 2012.
Quote me.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

RolStoppable said:
SaviorX said:
If it already has 1.1m worldwide, its going to have 7.4m before the end of the 2012.
Quote me.

Done.

A mid-range prediction isn't anything special though.

LOL

Mid-range?

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

RolStoppable said:
SaviorX said:

LOL

Mid-range?

Yes, 7.4m isn't ballsy.

I'm guessing thats reserved for 10 million.

RolStoppable said:
pezus said:
RolStoppable said:

Here's a helpful chart:

• 8m: Very confident. Rol having a hangover
  • 9m: Ballsy. Rol on a normal day
  • 10m: Prophetic  Rol when he's drunk

Why do you think this game will fail? Retailers (especially in America) are going to use it to move 3DS hardware during the holidays and parents will buy it for their kids. Based on that alone it's going to pass 6m by year's end.

This is the same logic I will use when I predict the Wii U passes the PS4 by 40 million units.