By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Hunter coming to Wii U? Nintendo just won year one in Japan!

Fake, but not out of the realm of possibilities... at all

Around the Network
pezus said:

This is a console MH, and a port of the Wii game at that. Won't do much if it's real.

Define much?

I see at least 400k assuming it comes out like late 2013....

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Monster Hunter not that popular on consoles. It didn't really do much to save the XBox 360 over there.

VGKing said:
Monster Hunter not that popular on consoles. It didn't really do much to save the XBox 360 over there.

That is just a spin-off though, and it sold 125k on a dead console (by the end of 2010, the 360 had negative hope already)

This would do well on Wii U, pushing it to a good start

SaviorX said:
If that is true, consider it game over.

Is the Japanese "gamer" really that gullible that they would buy a new game system to buy a port for a game they have already played (recently)?

Around the Network
pezus said:

This is a console MH, and a port of the Wii game at that. Won't do much if it's real.

This.  Will be the third version of MH Tri and it's on a home console.  

The first version of Tri (on Wii, 2009) barely outsold the first PSP Monster Hunter in Japan (2005).  I can't see it being a huge seller like the handheld versions.  It'll pull some decent numbers though and give the console an early boost.

Interesting though in any case.

pezus said:
SaviorX said:
pezus said:

Define much?

I see at least 400k assuming it comes out like late 2013....

Why would they have the price down in America for a late 2013 Japan focused game? I meant that it won't effect the "console wars" in any way in Japan.

Lol yea it would. You realize that means MH, DX, Mario, and Wii series against Sony's first party. Sounds like a walk in the park for Ninty. Just take a look at the 3DS vs. Vita lol.

cusman said:
SaviorX said:
If that is true, consider it game over.

Is the Japanese "gamer" really that gullible that they would buy a new game system to buy a port for a game they have already played (recently)?

Actually?

Yes.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

hahahaha

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

Actually, the last game should be called:

NO Monster Hunter 4 U: Sven's Revenge