By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mass Effect 3 Wii U is native 1080p

DieAppleDie said:
nice i guess
but i dont know if im getting this
i liked the first one, but the laters are more shooting focused and dissapointed me a bit...at least ME2

then ME3 will dissapoint you even more.  It has even less RPG elements.

Around the Network

For some reason i'm compelled with the urge to troll BioWare today, even though this is good news...

i'll excuse myself

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Darc Requiem said:
Salnax said:
Rights issues? What rights issues?

Mass Effect started off as a second party exclusive franchise to Xbox. MS published the first game. EA bought Bioware after ME1 was released but before the launch of ME2. From my understanding, ME1 would have to be remade from scratch to be published on another platform.

Sorta. EA owns the rights to publish the PC version.

As to this: I think I can safely say I like ME3 (maybe Mass Effect in general) far more than the average player

And I'm super intrigued by what they can do with the Gamepad, and I hope its UI looks all futuristic and shit

But I'm probably only going to buy this game twice, rather than three times

Mr Khan said:
For some reason i'm compelled with the urge to troll BioWare today, even though this is good news...

i'll excuse myself

Hey, Khan, guess who doesn't make decisions about the ports

Go ahead

I will wait

They do have that interactive comic for ME1 & 2 for the WiiU ver. though, better than nothing I guess..

Also, ME2 was 2 disc on the X360 and ME3 was also 2 disc.  So they probably couldn't fit both on a single WiiU disc, how much can a WiiU disc hold again?

Around the Network

Wasn't the PC port of ME1 released in 2008 published by EA? Its possible that MS no longer has any rights to the series since EA purchased BioWare. Even if they still did, its no excuse for ME2 to not make it to the Wii U at some point. I'll keep hoping for a special trilogy edition in the future, but I doubt it'll ever happen. Oh well.. =/

foxtail said:

They do have that interactive comic for ME1 & 2 for the WiiU ver. though, better than nothing I guess..

Also, ME2 was 2 disc on the X360 and ME3 was also 2 disc.  So they probably couldn't fit both on a single WiiU disc, how much can a WiiU disc hold again?

Wii U uses a similar format to BluRay, which means single layer discs hold 25GB of data, or so I've read.

Khuutra said:
Mr Khan said:

i'll excuse myself

Go ahead

I will wait

It's not about that. For some reason all i've been thinking about is Dantooine today (and the Shadowlands down in Kashyyyk) and the snowy wonders of the worst graphical glitches i've seen since Glitch City in Pokemon Red/Blue (although i've looked online and found out that this is because the game was programmed with only Nvidia cards in mind). Which is odd, because i haven't played the game since i bought The Last Story.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
Khuutra said:

Go ahead

I will wait

It's not about that. For some reason all i've been thinking about is Dantooine today (and the Shadowlands down in Kashyyyk) and the snowy wonders of the worst graphical glitches i've seen since Glitch City in Pokemon Red/Blue (although i've looked online and found out that this is because the game was programmed with only Nvidia cards in mind).

...yeah

The Knights of the Old Republic era was pretty much the buggiest in BioWare's long history

Wait till I give you the second game

Khuutra said:
Darc Requiem said:
Salnax said:
Rights issues? What rights issues?

Mass Effect started off as a second party exclusive franchise to Xbox. MS published the first game. EA bought Bioware after ME1 was released but before the launch of ME2. From my understanding, ME1 would have to be remade from scratch to be published on another platform.

Sorta. EA owns the rights to publish the PC version.

As to this: I think I can safely say I like ME3 (maybe Mass Effect in general) far more than the average player

And I'm super intrigued by what they can do with the Gamepad, and I hope its UI looks all futuristic and shit

But I'm probably only going to buy this game twice, rather than three times

No they don't actually. They had to come to an agreement with MS for the PC publishing rights. No one knows what the agreement was, several of us speculate that it was the reason for the 1 year exclusvity of ME2 to 360/PC.