By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is PS All Stars going to be a huge flop in America? (dismal pre-orders) UPDATE: Yep, it's a huge flop.

Tagged games:

Talk about jumping the gun. Damn it, are you trying to force me to go out and pre-order it? I honestly don't like pre-ordering stuff.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Around the Network
Chark said:
Talk about jumping the gun. Damn it, are you trying to force me to go out and pre-order it? I honestly don't like pre-ordering stuff.

I personally always wait until the last moment, especially to see if there are any good retailer exclusive preorder bonuses

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
meh it's always the case with sony exclusives isn't it around here....UC2, HR etc ...

the game will do just fine...we don't know the full roster, no marketing, no nothing of modes, soundtrack or anything yet. I don't think this will do amazingly well but I doubt sony will think it will either. It's the first game in the franchise..1-2mil at least I am guessing.

and for those who keep saying this won't sell cuz of Wii SSB or wiiu SB (lol) that won't be the case at all. This game is new and is mainly aimed at sony fans. If your favorite sony characters are in the game then you will like it, simple as that. I don't care for 90% of the characters in smash....but I love most of the roster shown so far for this game. It plays great too...very different experience overall than other games I have played. Different way of thinking is required

and about the sony pushing core games this gen argument ..I agree BUT you have to be kidding me if you think that core game push didn't include games like Journey and LBP. I think they pushed LBP as much as if not more than UC. Someone earlier said hope they learn from their mistakes with this approach of promoting realistic games...why would they? Uncharted for example sold really really well. It's very impressive given the troubles PS3 had. The only thing they need now is a good RPG franchise and they are good to go.

Sold I believe 4.2 million right?

It cost them 65-100 million dollars to produce do the math.

Max Pain cost about the same and sold 4-8 million yet they lost money.

So, no it was not success. Hell 3rd Party wii games probably earned more money than that game. 

Success is based on profit not gross. Gross sounds real good but profit is were you make millions/billions like mario kart or super mario bros wii or even donkey kong country.Actually anything on the will that msells more than .50-1 millions makes profit. Yet your avergae ps3 game needs to sell 3.5-5 million just to make profit. The average nintendo game cost 7-10 million to produce.

Just some random facts.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

They announce some Final Fantasy VII characters and this game will shoot up the numbers.

The Legend of Dragoon needs some representation though Sony!

ninetailschris said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
meh it's always the case with sony exclusives isn't it around here....UC2, HR etc ...

the game will do just fine...we don't know the full roster, no marketing, no nothing of modes, soundtrack or anything yet. I don't think this will do amazingly well but I doubt sony will think it will either. It's the first game in the franchise..1-2mil at least I am guessing.

and for those who keep saying this won't sell cuz of Wii SSB or wiiu SB (lol) that won't be the case at all. This game is new and is mainly aimed at sony fans. If your favorite sony characters are in the game then you will like it, simple as that. I don't care for 90% of the characters in smash....but I love most of the roster shown so far for this game. It plays great too...very different experience overall than other games I have played. Different way of thinking is required

and about the sony pushing core games this gen argument ..I agree BUT you have to be kidding me if you think that core game push didn't include games like Journey and LBP. I think they pushed LBP as much as if not more than UC. Someone earlier said hope they learn from their mistakes with this approach of promoting realistic games...why would they? Uncharted for example sold really really well. It's very impressive given the troubles PS3 had. The only thing they need now is a good RPG franchise and they are good to go.

So, no it was not success. Hell 3rd Party wii games probably earned more money than that game.

Success is based on profit not gross. Gross sounds real good but profit is were you make millions/billions like mario kart or super mario bros wii or even donkey kong country.Actually anything on the will that msells more than .50-1 millions makes profit. Yet your avergae ps3 game needs to sell 3.5-5 million just to make profit. The average nintendo game cost 7-10 million to produce.

Just some random facts.

According to Naughty Dog boss Evan Wells Uncharted and Uncharted 2 had somewhat same budget and that was ~ 20 million $.

So next time you quote "random facts" do a better research.

Around the Network
ninetailschris said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

Just some random facts.

Before I get in to this...show me the source for the expense, revenue regarding uncharted series

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Pimp3k said:
ninetailschris said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

Just some random facts.

According to Naughty Dog boss Evan Wells Uncharted and Uncharted 2 had somewhat same budget and that was ~ 20 million $.

dang it! come on pimp :D I was setting him up nicely for that

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

Tridrakious said:
They announce some Final Fantasy VII characters and this game will shoot up the numbers.

The Legend of Dragoon needs some representation though Sony!

Not going to happen Square Enix is way to protective of there characters.  Even Nintendo would have a hard chance of getting a square character on there system. I mean ANY character. Btw do you know how protective they are to VII you would have to beg on your knees and even then it would be no.

Plus Square Enix wouldn't want to make there final fantasy characters be put on a game that isn't going to do as well as a bad final fantasy game would.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

I don't think it'll flop as bad as some games have this gen, but it's definitely not going to be the SSB-killer that some fans are trying to make it out to be. My guess is around 200-250k sales first week and 1.5-2mil LTD (I expect some pack-ins to help boost sales of the game).

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

M.U.G.E.N said:
Pimp3k said:
ninetailschris said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

Just some random facts.

dang it! come on pimp :D I was setting him up nicely for that

Lol I was wrong about it being the same as Max Pain Cost. But with 20 million you would have to sell 2.5 to make profit but my point about donkey kong country making more money and mario games by far is 100% fact. Everything else is beside one part is fact.

Doing the math Nintendo games that sell 2.0-3.0 make alot of more money than Uncharted. You can't argue this.  Plus most outsell Ps3 games so yes Nintendo is making tenfold while sony is making probably quater of what nintendo makes from it's big games.

I will repeat One mistake was thinking uncharted cost as much as Max pain but my overall point is the same and untouched.

The overall fact is Nintendo games make more money than Sony games. Anyone care to disagree? Of course not because the point stands strong.

.8-1.0 forward for AAA wii is profit

2.5-2.7 forward for a Uncharted 3 is profit 

Do the math my point stands.

God Of War III Cost Was $44 Million

So, I wasn't off on everything just Uncharted. I will admit I made mistake there ;).