By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is PS All Stars going to be a huge flop in America? (dismal pre-orders) UPDATE: Yep, it's a huge flop.

Tagged games:

It has potential to go either way. As far as preorders go, I don't think it's a good indicator of success for a debut of a new series because, obviously, people are gonna wait for reviews. It's not as definite for people as Halo 4 or COD or any other sequel dominating the charts. If this game has a strong hook to it then it could be a steady seller for a long time.

Around the Network

@Pezus Try again lol, I see no reason for why this game shouldn't do around original smash numbers since this is Sony's version of a mascot game. With a userbase much larger than the N64 and this game should be better according to some. But yes I don't see this game reaching those levels, like most of Sony's ips.

not surprise if it doesn't sell well at US since US market until now still mostly conquer by X360...

I expect that Sony has a decent sized Holiday marketing budget and once we finally see some PlayStation advertising it should help boost the numbers of this and LittleBigPlanet Karting. So don't be too worried. I'm not expecting either of them to become a phenom that everyone rushes out to buy, but easily 1 million a piece, possibly by the time the holidays are over.

@Pezus Agreed, I was just testing you.

Around the Network

Mod racer sales or 2.5 in lifetime like I said before.

Not going to sell in Japan we know this before Japanese hate 90% of the characters.

Europe doesn't buy fighting games much even super smash bros brawl the highest one didn't sell that great compared to Japan or America.

American will look at this game no matter how the internet feels like mod racer game all over again.

Prediction 1.5-2.5

ACIII will overshadow the PAS in holidays too.

SMB4 prediction lifetime 13-14 million . All SMB games get more popular over time.

Hopefully will never see Sony try this again and make a 3d like fighter or something more inspiring.

Good Luck Sony.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

PDF said:
It will do at least a million and I dont consider that a flop

This

LET'S GO KNICKS

nah, I think it will have a modest opening, it's still 3 months away, and there's been no advertising outside the "gaming knowledgeable crowd"

I can see it pulling 100k in NA alone, an extra 60-70k in EU, with another 30-50 in JP in it's first week, I think this game will go the route of LBP, it will have some legs.

meh it's always the case with sony exclusives isn't it around here....UC2, HR etc ...

the game will do just fine...we don't know the full roster, no marketing, no nothing of modes, soundtrack or anything yet. I don't think this will do amazingly well but I doubt sony will think it will either. It's the first game in the franchise..1-2mil at least I am guessing.

and for those who keep saying this won't sell cuz of Wii SSB or wiiu SB (lol) that won't be the case at all. This game is new and is mainly aimed at sony fans. If your favorite sony characters are in the game then you will like it, simple as that. I don't care for 90% of the characters in smash....but I love most of the roster shown so far for this game. It plays great too...very different experience overall than other games I have played. Different way of thinking is required

and about the sony pushing core games this gen argument ..I agree BUT you have to be kidding me if you think that core game push didn't include games like Journey and LBP. I think they pushed LBP as much as if not more than UC. Someone earlier said hope they learn from their mistakes with this approach of promoting realistic games...why would they? Uncharted for example sold really really well. It's very impressive given the troubles PS3 had. The only thing they need now is a good RPG franchise and they are good to go.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Those preorder numbers seem pretty decent, to me. A new IP with no marketing as yet and three months until release? What were people expecting? A lot of potential customers are still waiting for word on how good it is. If the reviews are nce then first week sales will be good, and it will likely do relatively well during the holiday season. This is a title that will benefit from steady and continuous marketing instead of burst marketing.

I think this game also screams to be bundled, as it virtually markets other games and introduces other characters while people play it.