By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is PS All Stars going to be a huge flop in America? (dismal pre-orders) UPDATE: Yep, it's a huge flop.

Tagged games:

A flop from satrt? no. It would be like LBP so Sony will have to really push it. But tis time they seem to focus on the Fighting market, and that's a pretty small one. So im not entirely sure.

Around the Network

If the numbers for PS All-Stars are this bad then I fear for how abysmal Japan's numbers must be. :O

kopstudent89 said:

I actually don't know how that would attract people. If you buy it on your PS3, why would you want the same game on your vita? Plus most people don't have a vita so

Why wouldn't you? Can you take your PS3 + TV on a vacation, business trip, school trip... This is a portable console, that can play the same game that you probably like if you bought it for a PS3 on a go. So anywhere you end up and have a wi-fi hot spot, you can enjoy game with your friends. And at this time and date it's really hard to find a hotel without a wi-fi. It's even hard to find a bar/cafe without it. Even my home town has a free hot spot on a main town square and I live in a "dump" of a country.

I don't think that game will flop. Will it sell 4 million copies? Hardly. I think it'll sell around 1 million - 1,5 million, and I think that's OK for the "new" IP and a genre that is pretty much dominated by bigger names Tekken, MK, Capcom's IP's, KOF....

Flop as in pancake flops?

Well, it's too hard to predict whether or not this game will fail because it's the first of it's type fr Sony.

But what if.... They announce Crash?

LET'S GO KNICKS

Around the Network
Pimp3k said:

I don't think that game will flop. Will it sell 4 million copies? Hardly. I think it'll sell around 1 million - 1,5 million, and I think that's OK for the "new" IP and a genre that is pretty much dominated by bigger names Tekken, MK, Capcom's IP's, KOF....

Pretty much the ones who dominate are only capcom and Tekken nowdays, Mk to some extent but giving the evo entreis is starting to decay. The others like KoF, Blazblue, soulcalibur find it hard to rach the 1M these days amny of them havent. Even sfxT got it hard.

The success of this game will depend entirely on how it's advertised, either a paty game or fightinggame.

In comparison to its hype its gonna be a pretty major flop unless it gets fantastic word of mouth

I thought everyone was aiming for original smash bros. numbers? The PS3 does have a much larger userbase than the N64.

D-Joe said:
RolStoppable said:
It's ModNation Racers all over again.

ah i remember that

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=108749&page=

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=105994&page=

Those are some great threads.  I wonder whatever happened to MikeB, zlejedi, king of wale, psrock, etc.  I miss those guys.

Deoz said:

The success of this game will depend entirely on how it's advertised, either a paty game or fightinggame.

I agree with this. Even though IMO the game will reach higher sale numbers if marketed as a party game. The game itself has more a niche feel for a long time PlayStation brand followers, than a main stream fighting game appeal.