By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is PS All Stars going to be a huge flop in America? (dismal pre-orders) UPDATE: Yep, it's a huge flop.

Tagged games:

kopstudent89 said:
Pimp3k said:
kopstudent89 said:

I actually don't know how that would attract people. If you buy it on your PS3, why would you want the same game on your vita? Plus most people don't have a vita so

Why wouldn't you? Can you take your PS3 + TV on a vacation, business trip, school trip... This is a portable console, that can play the same game that you probably like if you bought it for a PS3 on a go. So anywhere you end up and have a wi-fi hot spot, you can enjoy game with your friends. And at this time and date it's really hard to find a hotel without a wi-fi. It's even hard to find a bar/cafe without it. Even my home town has a free hot spot on a main town square and I live in a "dump" of a country.

I don't think that game will flop. Will it sell 4 million copies? Hardly. I think it'll sell around 1 million - 1,5 million, and I think that's OK for the "new" IP and a genre that is pretty much dominated by bigger names Tekken, MK, Capcom's IP's, KOF....

That's the thing, I don't want PS3 games on my Vita. I don't want CoD or Assassins, I want a handheld game. I think that's the point Sony are missing

no the thing with those who repeat this 'mantra' is that they seems to not know or ignore the fact that the system has games that suited for all sorts of tastes. The system is NOT just about ACreed, Gravity Rush and Cod...it's also about Sound Shapes, Luminus, Hot shots, Unit 13, Mutant Blob attack, Escape Plan etc etc etc. You don't have to settle for just one type of gameplay or game. Vita is building a library of all categories. 

I really do wish this stupid 'misconception' would go away. It's getting really silly now

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
kopstudent89 said:

That's the thing, I don't want PS3 games on my Vita. I don't want CoD or Assassins, I want a handheld game. I think that's the point Sony are missing

And why is that a bad thing for SONY and OK thing for Nintendo? You have Mario games on both (mobile and home) platforms, same goes for Legend of Zelda games, Kirby games, Wario games...

I don't mind those games coming to Vita as long as they are done right. I love the idea of buying one getting two (since I own both), I love the idea of cross play. Why should the possibility to play with my friends even when I'm not at home be a bad thing? Or even why should the ability to play with people that don't own Vita be a bad thing?

I think it's going to sell like Modnation Racers. Not a flop at all if it reaches 1 million (which I doubt)

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

freebs2 said:
It's going to flop. Just like LBP Karting.
Sony PR has spent years telling their fanbase how an Hardcore game should be: cinematic, realistic-looking, adult or epic and badass, heavy on storytelling.
At the same time they went on calling the competition childish or casual.
Now it will be hard for them to convince fans to buy a game without any of the mentioned qualities, that blatantly copies competiton.
Not to mention Smash Bros is just too good, those who have played it enough and love it, have probably just bought a Wii already to play it (since it's not very expansive). Those who don't know it or don't like it have no reason to be attracted to the game.

so i'm guessing that according to you sony has only released games so far that fit into those categories?

Boutros said:
turtuls said:
What kind of flop? We talking a Starhawk type flop or a Twisted Metal type flop?

No More Heroes kind of flop.

No more heroes was a hit. It was grasshopper manufactures biggest selling game ever followed by NMH2.

Only their 360/PS3 titles flopped.

Around the Network

If some of you guys typed in the links some of your questions would have been answered -_-.

On the Point about sony and retail. Sony gets the same amount taken from there games as everyone as from gamestop/bestbuy/ and others. Just because your sony doesn't mean OH yea you are treated better.

BluRay disc which most Ps3 games use for extra storage and I believe Uncharted uses from everything I seen and heard. That cost about 3 dollars compared to normal CD which cost about .03. Again LOOK UP A LINK WHEN IT"S PUT UP. Sony still has the to pay the same as everyone else as they cost the same to everyone.

Licensing doesn't deal with 3rd party only. It deals with famous voice actors/ or really well paided which I believe didn't have any but I would have to look that up . But if not it's cost nothing!

Distributors cost money.

Outsources percent.

Art/Design cost I would suggest you look up as to how it works because I tried explaining before but people had to look up and then they understood. I believe EPIC or EA talked about it. The money doesn't go directly to them. From what I remember it goes directly to fund that area and the retail and whats leftover goes directly to the company. Again look it up for more exact break down. To add I remember reading that the people still get paid after too for certain things but management mostly.

We are looking at 12 retail(at best) + leftovers which can be up 6-7(best).

@AvaBane guy
What I'm saying is at retail best 12 dollars I thought you were saying they get 30 dollars from retail itself which people often confuse.

Btw marketing lowest is about 4 dollars. Like the author said actvision is one that is usually a higher more costly. Probably 6-8.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

I highly doubt it will flop, everywhere I go on the internet this game is getting press. I myself usually pre order games a month out from release just to make sure the release date doesnt move.

think-man said:
I highly doubt it will flop, everywhere I go on the internet this game is getting press. I myself usually pre order games a month out from release just to make sure the release date doesnt move.

You must only be going to Sony specific sites, because I'm all over the internet when I look for news and the last I saw any focus on PS All Stars was during e3 when they put Smash Brothers and its abbreviations as its only hashtags..

I think it will do very bad. I've maintained that position since the beginning though.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

ninetailschris said:

... lots of stuff...

Oh my... I'll try to explain it as simple as possible... Naughty Dog to go from nothing to coplete Uncharted game spent 20 million dollars. So the complete game - all the writing, acting, programming, animating, drawing, coding.... costed in total 20 million $.

Sony had to multiply and pack the game, move it through retail channels and market it. That at most costed 20$ per copy.

Anyway this is from an old article (from 2006)

Epic Games VP Mark Rein has said that next-gen development needn't break the bank - Gears of War has only cost $10 million.

From a developer standpoint the power of the next-gen consoles opens up doors that simply weren't there before, but equally brings concerns over escalating development costs possibly in the region of $20-$30 million.

Speaking at the London Games Summit, Rein has shot down claims that next-gen games need massive teams and gigantic budgets, stating that Epic's upcoming Xbox 360 title Gears of War has been produced with a team of 20-30 people and a budget of only $10 million.

Rein acknowledged that $10 million is by no means cheap, "but didn't cost the crazy figures you hear other companies quoting of $20, $30 million." The budget does not include development costs of Epic's Unreal Engine 3, but this was not designed solely for Gears of War, plus the developer has saved money by outsourcing work to Epic Games China.