By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Yay! Wait...What the F***!!! ~ Lance Armstrong to be stripped of his Tour de France titles - Will he admit to doping on Oprah?

Tagged games:

will he admit it?

no 7 15.91%

yes 30 68.18%

Would be stupid if he did 1 2.27%

If he ever wants to race again, yes. 5 11.36%

Total:43

If the bastard was on something, take all his shit, include his only remain nut cause the man has no balls to compete using his own skill (allegedly)

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network

If he is guilty, they must take his medals! As they've done lots of time!

Good. Fuck that piece of shit and his stupid bracelets.

Where there's money and fame to be had there will be people willing to cheat to get it.

The thing with Armstrong was he was an inspiration to so many because of his recovery from cancer, and now that has all been tainted. Steroids are known carcinogens, so was his cancer self inflicted? Or did he dope only after the cancer?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

come on everybody knew this...before his cancer he was a good rider but never came close to winning a big tour. Especially on mountain he was decent at best. Then he came back as super man. Come on...

Don't blame him too much though, I guess every rider does dope...

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Around the Network

That article didn't start well so a few tidbits I have picked up while following this case.

Armstrong was, during his career, the most tested cyclists ever. He has never tested positive for anything, ever.

A federal case against him was dropped a couple of years back because there was no evidence to support claims that he was or had been a drug cheat.

The USADA has taken it upon themselves to 'prove' that Armstrong is a cheat going so far as to coerce former team mates to agree to testify against him, some of whom have already been proven guilty as drug cheats. This is in spite of the fact that they still have not revealed any substantial evidence against him.

Armstrong has simply refused to mount a defense against the USADA charges because it seems there is real concern that they could simply bring another case against him even if this one is dismissed, starting the whole process again. Armstrong claims he is tired of him and his family being 'harassed' in the course of this and other previous investigations and this is why he is refusing to mount a defence.

In spite of the fact that the USADA appears to have the right to ban Armstrong from competing in organised sports without 'proving' him guilty by the usual standards, the UCI (International Cycling Federation) has up to this point supported Armstrong's claim that they actually have no real jurisdiction to bring charges against him and certainly no jurisdiction to strip him of his Tour De France victories.

What I like least about this whole process is that it appears in the eyes of the USADA people are guilty until proven innocent and their heavy handed an uneven approach has meant it's likely there will never be a resolution to this case. As much as I admire Armstrong I would like him to be found guilty, if he is in fact so, but equally he should be afforded a legitimate opportunity to maintain innocence until that guilt is proved.

As it stands it's unlikely now that we will ever actually know one way or another, leaving him as both the greatest and most succesful drug cheat in the history of cycling and the greatest Tour De France rider ever.

I do not know what he did, but he inspired too many people to get off their fat asses and ride bike and be fit through his inspiration. And Badgenome his live strong bracelets are a great reminder to be fit. Proud that Armstrong now lives and competes in Colorado, both in running events and Mountain Biking. He will always be a hero to me.

badgenome said:
Good. Fuck that piece of shit and his stupid bracelets.

Come on now!  He changed the outcome of the Dodgeball movie!  If he didn't give that speech at the bar then Ben Stiller would have ended up with his wife.

chocoloco said:
I do not know what he did, but he inspired too many people to get off their fat asses and ride bike and be fit through his inspiration. And Badgenome his live strong bracelets are a great reminder to be fit. Proud that Armstrong now lives and competes in Colorado, both in running events and Mountain Biking. He will always be a hero to me.

Nonsense. The only thing those dumb bracelets ever inspired was this hilarious story.

Looks like the witch hunt finally got to him

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype