By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony: 2.2 Million PS Vita Units Sold Worldwide

hmm are these numbers from "actual" sales or is it from Sonys sold "aka shipped" numbers? beacuse if it is shipped it's even worse..

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network
Naum said:
hmm are these numbers from "actual" sales or is it from Sonys sold "aka shipped" numbers? beacuse if it is shipped it's even worse..

Im 95% sure they are shipped, Sony always talk about shipments except when they give a source

MANUELF said:
Naum said:

Im 95% sure they are shipped, Sony always talk about shipments except when they give a source

If it's shipped, then it's a huge debacle, as it would mean that at June 30 they would have sold less than two million consoles (less than 200k in shelves is absurd), probably in the 1.6 to 1.8 million range. I don't think they are shipped numbers.

kowenicki said:
Kynes said:
MANUELF said:
Naum said:

If it's shipped, then it's a huge debacle, as it would mean that at June 30 they would have sold less than two million consoles (less than 200k in shelves is absurd), probably in the 1.6 to 1.8 million range. I don't think they are shipped numbers.

Going to have to disagree. Almost certainly shipped. And yes, 350k to 400k overtracked.

1.6 to 1.8 millions consoles sold means 0.6 to 0.8 millions overtracked, if my maths don't fail me again (2.4 millions sold at the end of June)

Damn... are those people commenting on N4G for real??

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

N4G lol

Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.

"I don't debate, I just give you that work"- Ji99saw

kowenicki said:
Kynes said:
kowenicki said:
Kynes said:
MANUELF said:
Naum said:

Going to have to disagree. Almost certainly shipped. And yes, 350k to 400k overtracked.

1.6 to 1.8 millions consoles sold means 0.6 to 0.8 millions overtracked, if my maths don't fail me again (2.4 millions sold at the end of June)

If its selling so slowly then supply wouldn't be that high. There is a reason shipments are so pathetic. Sold through probably 1.9 to 2.0.

So yeah actually more like 400k to 450k over. 

Pretty sure Sony only report shipped. Perhaps some Sony fans can clarify.... Turkish?

That would mean some availability problems in shops, 200k-300k units in shops is a tiny number for a console sold worldwide and at the beginning of its life cycle, with at least two skus. What we can be sure is that at least it's overtracked by 300k, probably much more.

C-M-D said:

Oh boy...

GBA was a beast.  Poor DC.  :(

WoW, its doing dreamcast levels without the awesome software library.

I was even pondering getting one, but at this pace this thing is dead by christmas. There is no way the Vita can be saved without a price cut. It will lose all support no doubt.

I know Sony's marketing and product development division sucks in terms of hardware, but they should already be working on a new less expensive to produce version of vita (slim) and drop that price point already. Make the system compatible with normal SD cards aswell. I think this is panic time now, its almost past the point of no return.

As a consumer i cant really commit to buying something that might have all support dropped next year. Its a highly risky purchase.

WTF is going on here? (asking Sony employees)