By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony: 2.2 Million PS Vita Units Sold Worldwide

Neogaf thread became a huge 3 page Monster Hunter discussion, that has no end in sight - Turkish here being the star.

I swear, we won't see such a controversial game like this one in a long time, if ever! It's like the whole problem and solution to all Vita's problems!

Around the Network

@VicViper: Taken from that thread:

Stage one: Games will be announced, those will save it.
Stage two: If only they advertised the damn thing!
Stage three: There's got to be a price cut around the corner, just a few bucks off and we'll get that momentum.
Stage four: The system is so good that it will magically get itself back on its feet. It has to. I believe.
Stage five: SYSTEM-MAKER IS GARBAGE WAAAAHHH.
Stage six: Did you guys know that replaying this never-expanding game library is really fun?

The end is near. Quickly! sell your vita before it loses value.

Hopefully It'll get it's boost in the holiday season.

This graph is such bullshit!

I mean, how orange is not Dreamcast's color??? Infidels!

So, if PSP+Vita was 1.4 million last quarter, PSP shipped 1 million. It's understandable why they combined the numbers.

Around the Network

The last quarter's sales (0.4 Million units) is very bad ... If you consider holiday sales, sales of 0.4 Million units/quarter puts the PS-Vita at a pace of selling 2 to 2.4 Million units per year.

0.4 for the first quarter of the year....

I simply refuse this number, there's no way. That means they got 3 quarters now to ship 9.6 million or so. This will be the worst forecast ever - and it's been revised from an even worst forecast!

HappySqurriel said:
The last quarter's sales (0.4 Million units) is very bad ... If you consider holiday sales, sales of 0.4 Million units/quarter puts the PS-Vita at a pace of selling 2 to 2.4 Million units per year.

Then the console name is appropriate.

Regarding what Uwe Bassendowski says in the source about appealing to a younger audience, am I the only one who thinks this is beyond ironic given Tretton's whole '3DS is a babysitting tool, PSV won't be' (or words to that effect) speech?

RolStoppable said:

The Vita could have had a better start, but it's not that bad either. It's still on track to become the second best selling non-Nintendo handheld of all time and this in and of itself is a major success.

the game gear sold 11 million.

Just saying.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive