By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony: 2.2 Million PS Vita Units Sold Worldwide

osed125 said:

The cross platform play is cool and everything but, will the normal consumer invest in both a Vita and PS3/PS4? 

If the Vita doesn't have a vast library of good games, why will someone pay $250 for just using it for the cross play and some few games here and there?. Especially since the Wii U can do the same for a cheaper price. I'm talking the normal consumer here, not the harcore gamer

The cross play it's a really good idea but if the Vita doesn't have games, there is no good reason to buy it just for that imo.

This reminds me of the Gamecube days, where some of us thought that GC/GBA compatibility would sell GC consoles, especially when supported by IPs like Final Fantasy.

Most users just don't care. Nintendo fans learnt that the hard way. 

Around the Network
VicViper said:
Kynes said:
Kenology said:
There are a few regulars who I would like to see comment on these numbers... and they are conspicuously silent/absent...

They are in la la land aka "official" thread.

You opened a whole can of worms, you know that, right?

I know. After reading them call imbecile to some of us because of what we said in the gamescom thread, I'm not going to restrain myself and I'm going to call that thread what it is.

oh maybe he'll be done in a minute... someone was actually talking about GT5 in another thread the number 1 vita fan had to set things right and make sure there was no bad feelings from the person about an aspect of the game he didn't like

Turkish said:
KylieDog said:
They need to bloody well fire the idiot that decided 90% of the races in the game need last 15 minutes or more. It is not fun when every race ends up a grind.

Then don't play racing games. You should know very well what you get into with GT.

I love that guy :D

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Kynes said:

I know. After reading them call imbecile to some of us because of what we said in the gamescom thread, I'm not going to restrain myself and I'm going to call that thread what it is.

As I said, it's N4G's embassy.

Funny there has been no mention of the numbers there at all.

One thing I still can't believe is how Sony treated the COD franchise.

This game has been announced since NGP day 0. They got the time, the exclusivity and even the chance to make it internally - upping the quality tremendously.

But no... they begin development late and give it to a notoriously mediocre studio. This was supposed to be the biggest weapon in this recovery fight. Yet now it stinks mediocrity from 100 miles over. Ass Creed at least looks good and well planned and well developed.

Around the Network
osed125 said:

The cross platform play is cool and everything but, will the normal consumer invest in both a Vita and PS3/PS4? 

If the Vita doesn't have a vast library of good games, why will someone pay $250 for just using it for the cross play and some few games here and there?. Especially since the Wii U can do the same for a cheaper price. I'm talking the normal consumer here, not the harcore gamer

The cross play it's a really good idea but if the Vita doesn't have games, there is no good reason to buy it just for that imo.

the Question about the PSVita being and investment of $250.00 is not going to always be $250.00 many people are waiting, Sony knows this, do you think the other software sales in other part's of the Playstation Mobile are not there to provide income for the company? The point is 3RD party publisher's and developer's are going to go where the Money is, and the majority of money is heading to the Mobile space for to sell software on.

cheaper investment for the developer and publisher and higher ROI for them. I think many seem to Act like that if the PSVita does not gain any real stride before this year ends that it will be put out to pasture, like the PSPGo, but the Point is So what if it does?

Look at it this way, If the PSVita does get taken off the market how would that still effect it's support, really in the Mobile space? Right now Smartphones are selling so much in greater number per sales Quarter than dedicated Game handhelds are anyway. Sony is selling 7.4 million smartphones a sales Quarter even if the PSVita get's pulled, support will continue. As a matter of fact you would be able to get the PSVita cheaper Having the PSVita as an extra platform to get money for your software, for low investment cost anyway is not a deal breaker.

The more people that do not buy the PSVita the , more reason it gives for Sony to not make a dedicated handheld anymore and make smartphones their platform, which it seem's if this keep's up may be what Sony ends up doing anyway.

at worse case

Sony will still have say by the time it's all said and done maybe 3 to 5 million PSVita's in the market if it get's pulled, and everyone just states the PSVita was a flop. So what if it's a flop?, the point is can it still gain and keep software support even if no more PSVita's are sold? Even though the PSPGo is off the shelf can you still get games for it?

That's the Point people!

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

So... Do you guys also think that Joeorc is actually Marcus Rivers?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

joeorc said:

the Question about the PSVita being and investment of $250.00 is not going to always be $250.00 many people are waiting, Sony knows this, do you think the other software sales in other part's of the Playstation Mobile are not there to provide income for the company? The point is 3RD party publisher's and developer's are going to go where the Money is, and the majority of money is heading to the Mobile space for to sell software on.

cheaper investment for the developer and publisher and higher ROI for them. I think many seem to Act like that if the PSVita does not gain any real stride before this year ends that it will be put out to pasture, like the PSPGo, but the Point is So what if it does?

Look at it this way, If the PSVita does get taken off the market how would that still effect it's support, really in the Mobile space? Right now Smartphones are selling so much in greater number per sales Quarter than dedicated Game handhelds are anyway. Sony is selling 7.4 million smartphones a sales Quarter even if the PSVita get's pulled, support will continue. As a matter of fact you would be able to get the PSVita cheaper Having the PSVita as an extra platform to get money for your software, for low investment cost anyway is not a deal breaker.

The more people that do not buy the PSVita the , more reason it gives for Sony to not make a dedicated handheld anymore and make smartphones their platform, which it seem's if this keep's up may be what Sony ends up doing anyway.

at worse case

Sony will still have say by the time it's all said and done maybe 3 to 5 million PSVita's in the market if it get's pulled, and everyone just states the PSVita was a flop. So what if it's a flop?, the point is can it still gain and keep software support even if no more PSVita's are sold? Even though the PSPGo is off the shelf can you still get games for it?

That's the Point people!

@bold Sony already tried going there with the Xperia series, correct me if i'm wrong but I believe the thing didn't sold really well

Nintendo and PC gamer

NiKKoM said:
So... Do you guys also think that Joeorc is actually Marcus Rivers?

yes you shouting by Marcus Rivers i compell you...lol

I AM BOLO

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

osed125 said:

@bold Sony already tried going there with the Xperia series, correct me if i'm wrong but I believe the thing didn't sold really well

If your talking about the xperia-play? The break down was not shown How many have sold sofar to date, and that was under SE, not Sony by itself. but as of right now Sony has increased the sales of xperia smartphones from 6.9 million per sales Quarter to 7.4 million smartphone sales per Quarter.

Also since the xperia-play is still being sold right now across cellphone carrier's right now, i would say it must be doing enough to keep the model in the market to still be sold to the consumer.

I AM BOLO

ps: